2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take it any more. Heat or no heat I am going in the morning.
Might be on the trailer at 9:30am but starting the get the shakes.
Its been 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Go at night and just take it easy going to one brush pile to the next. You can also use 12 volt electric fans or battery powered. I have 2 of those that the old people used to use in a vehicle. 12 volt. I have not been in almost 2 months and will not be able to go for another month. One more surgery and I am going after recovery.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I read this post and had to think on it a while. I know for sure I have been everyday since July 12th, I went to pick up Susan at the airport that day, there might have been a day I didn't go in there, but only one if any.
The blue catfish have been on a very good bite. I've taken a couple of folks out and we usually catch over twenty using big bait in 23' FOW. I have taken some white bass trips out trolling and catching has been good for them as well.
On the days I don't fish the lake I have been going down to Sabine Lake and Pass to fish for bull reds and sharks.
the action there is always good and it's great to catch some real string stretchers that make you understand it's serious for them lol!
Plus when it's a 104 here it will be 89 on the coast!

Attachments

·
Registered
Lake Livingston
7 Posts
Hope your surgeries go well and you have a speedy recovery. My brother has been limiting out on specs down in surfside. Said they are in the 15 to 17 inch range. I did not go out this weekend but planning on going out next.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a great trip.
My boat is kinda like a murder cycle. Anytime I get out for a ride its great.
The crappie fishing has been terrible to say the least. I did catch many smalls and took home 5 big ones with is more than enough for my wife and I. Remember back on the trailer at 10am.
I did have to travel to find some. They would not bite but did get 5 to the net.
Boat broke and would only idle. Took the cover off and a rod came loose from the carbs. Put back and on again. But then broke again. Put back and then to the launch.
My crappie tip for the day. Do you PRE-BEND your hooks. Been doing this for several years. This way when you hook up on a tree etc, it will bend and come loose. Works great! The crappie I did find were very very tight to the structure.
I can see my minnow bouncing thru the branches. Jigs just have not worked.
Great time using AT and beating them on the head. But, the crappie have been really not there. I think they are roaming the deep water etc. Feeding at night.
Jigger - I work 4-10s and off on Fridays. So makes for a long weekend.
Lake Conroe - its 20min away and have a free launch.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Glad somebody's chasing them! I can't wait to get back out there. Still got some trailer repairs to make and still have to mount my high falootin' trolling motor I bought months ago.

Matt's getting surgery?! I guess I'm in good company then. Right after I bought my high falootin' trolling motor I had a physical and found out I had a heart blockage. Electrical signal, not a valve block. Bottom 1/2 of my heart wasn't catching the electrical impulse. I'm a proud new owner of a 3-prong pace maker at 49 years. It has an app. I set it to "run" the other day and kicked my desk on accident. lol I hope the trolling motor remote doesn't interfere! Set a heading and end up walking off the side of the boat! HA!...or worse yet, hit spot lock and keep twisting left and right! LOL! Man I'll NEVER get in a cast!

Recovered from that and then got the covid this month. Finally beat that. Woo I'm about sick of being down guys. 1 more doctor payment for my new appurtenance and that's off my back and I can focus on my trailer again. See ya'll soon and hope you recover quickly Matt!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Dan you are welcome to go with me when I get this stuff done. 3 visits to the cardiologist in a week and yesterday SUCKED !! They gonna have to shoot me if they want me to do another stress test. I thought I was gonna die. What happened to the old tread mill test. I can do that but it hurts like the dickens in my knees.
Dan are you going to get extended warranty on that pace maker? I have had 3 surgery for skin cancer this year but the good one was when they flipped my eye lid inside out and removed a worm looking thing. Well it is He!! getting old.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
HAHA! Thanks SS! You are so right!

Dan you are welcome to go with me when I get this stuff done. 3 visits to the cardiologist in a week and yesterday SUCKED !! They gonna have to shoot me if they want me to do another stress test. I thought I was gonna die. What happened to the old tread mill test. I can do that but it hurts like the dickens in my knees.
Dan are you going to get extended warranty on that pace maker? I have had 3 surgery for skin cancer this year but the good one was when they flipped my eye lid inside out and removed a worm looking thing. Well it is He!! getting old.
OK...flipping eyelids for the win. I'd have to NOPE the heck outta there! I still have to do that stress test. I went in last month for the first check up and they put it off. Ya know how they checked me? They turn the dang thing OFF! The lady hit a button to turn off the pacemaker and I like to fell out of my chair slumped over! THEN she said, "oh, did you feel that?" Ooooh yeah. I felt it. Please turn me back on?...Quickly? UGH! I gotta figure out how to talk her out of turning it off on the next visit. I get anxiety just thinking about it.

I'd love to catch up doing some fishing brother! I'll call you in a few weeks after..well, how long does it take to grow a new eyelid? AND IF I MAY SAY...If you aren't wearing an eyepatch and shopping for parrots, you are missing an entire world of opportunities. 🏴‍☠️

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
OK Dan you are in for a good one. That stress test is rough. They will have you laying flat on a board looking thing and then inject chemicals in you. They say you will be a little short of breath. NOPE You will feel like you can not breath and they have already inserted you in this tube looking contraption. It is faster than the treadmill but if you have anxiety issues you going for a ride. The eyelid trip would have not been bad if I would have known I needed to bring my own meds to stop the pain. Yeah that was some hurtin going on there for a few minutes.

Looking forward to fishing again in a few weeks, maybe a month. If anyone has a problem with the spare tire they can move it. I ain't picking it up for a couple months.

Almost forgot , they will ask if you are pregnant. I told the lady no but would she like to be. WRONG !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts