2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
richg99
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I am spending my summer in the Frozen North of Northern Illinois. Our little retirement community has never had a web site.

Last week the board approved the $$$ and.....because I can SPELL "computer" .....they corralled me into doing the web site. Yesterday at 5 a.m. I wasn't very sure what a web designer did...but by 5 pm I had a rudimentary site up. Network Solutions provides a pretty good package to help the really dumb like me....

As of now, It is coming along. I just thought I'd share my latest adventure with you all....you will recognize a few of my recently posted pix....

If you want a laugh...( remember, it is a "work in progress" )..take a look at

www.leisurevillagefoxlake.com

regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Rich, not bad there old man, not bad at all.
i did bbs's (the old kind) then did web sites for about 12 years and about the only thing i can see is (for me) is the home page text under the fishing pond pic is a bit big, but thats just me.

·
richg99
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, we are having a meeting between the president of the board and the association manager Monday to make some better choices as to fonts, sizes etc. I am just wading along and adding stuff that I think should go there. Whether it will all be there in a week is up to a lot of people other than me.

I can see why I wouldn't be very good at doing this for someone else, since I like my own ideas and somebody who was paying for the site would not agree necessarily. That's why this retirement stuff is working out so well.. no bosses ( never did have many all the years I worked, anyhow...)...thanks, Rich

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
might I offer "one suggestion"?
have "them" elect only one person to confer with you and that you "only" answer to that one person.
this way all info is categorized and recorded and presented to you "after they all agree to it", boy have i ever had problems till i learned this trick..

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Very nice start Rich. Looks like they chose the right man for the job. Sounds pretty inviting too. I think a par 3 course is about all I could survive these days. Only 3 more years and I can move in:) Good work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts