2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been smoking for the past sixteen years - in that time, roughly fifteen years were two packs a day.... I spent the past four days on a cold-turkey diet, so to speak, and keeping my mind busy and my body moving. I've asked myself for the umpteenth time today, as I have done on prior days, "Could it hurt to clean the toilet once again? Does the dog need another bath?" .... I was doing anything and everything to keep my mind from thinking about my addiction. It seems to have worked!

Well, I finally broke down today and went to the convenience store and bought a pack of smokes....I opened the package, removed a stogie and lit one up.

Surprise!!!! I took a total of two drags on the cigarette and snubbed it out... I couldn't even get that once all-to-familiar nicotine rush into my system. Am I cured? And has it taken you, or someone you have been acquainted with, about the same amount of time to have the same physiological non-reaction that I had today?

Man....Now maybe I can afford that boat I've always wanted! :D

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Good Luck, take it one day at a time. Chew some gum, helps. I have tried so many times, I make it for a few weeks and something happens and I fall.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

I thank you for the encouragement. It is nice to have faced my vice up-front and point blank.....Nicotine is not only a poison but it no longer has control over me! ...I'm done with smoking now...Sure I'll miss it, but I'll know that when I have children and grandchildren at least I'll be able to enjoy them -- instead of wasting away with an O2 mask, decriped in health and wasting away in a wheel chair!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts