2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deadeye McGee
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working 7 days a week, up to 12 hours per day on Hurricane Ike repair/clean-up of the infrastructure. Missed my cruise to Cozumel. Saving up lots of comp. time to spend weeks in Rocksprings hunting in November and December!!!!!! That will be some welcomed relaxation/R&R!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
IKE

Hang in there Steve, it will be over one day. I am in the same boat. Closing the selling of our house on Sept 12-didn't happen. Now has fell through twice. We were already in process of moving into new house. Clean up of 2 houses/yards. I work for a hospital, locked in, I run the facilities, walking with contractors, insurance adjusters as well as the normal work load.... I cannot wait until I can get away. We had to delay the opening of our new building scheduled for October 6 to November 3. NOVEMBER 3!!!!. Man, I was not happy. But, when my time comes, I inted to take about a month off and get it on!!
Maybe we can meet up for lunch in Rocksprings.
BB

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I know how you guys feel. I was supposed to have 2 weeks of vacation starting Sept 14th. Had an archery elk hunt in Montana from 14th to 20th and was going to leave for Cozamel on the 21st coming back on the 27th. Have not had a day off since 3 days before the storm and haven't worked less than 14 hours a day. Good news is we are getting back together in the Beaumont area. Power is mostly restored, no problem with looters or other idiots during the peak days after the storm. Law enforcement agencies are starting to get back to normal here. I am off today so I can clean up the mess at my house, mostly from the barn getting blown to bits. Not complaining about it, it is just a barn and my home is fine, that's what counts. 9 of my fellow officers, including my sheriff, lost their homes, mostly to storm surge. The majority of these officers homes were in areas that have never experienced flood waters in recorded history. I also want to give a big thank you to the electrical workers that came in after the storm. They did a great job. If anyone needs a hand in Jefferson County let me know, I'll do everything I can. Lt. Tony Viator, JCSO

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
WE SURVIVED ALSO

With the gen. going i had to leave tuesday after the storm for Kingman AZ. Delivered my plastic thursday and headed back. Friday night stopped by the lease and it looked good had 3/4 of a inch of rain in my rainguage did not know how long it was in there. did some feeder and and fence work then left to get back and reload the wagon sun. to go back to AZ. good thing my wife is strong willed also because we did not get power back till sun. morning. Generrator got a good workout because we were throwing lines to 2 others for them to use. also had to use the apu on my big pete to supply power for 2 others on sun and mon after the storm. we only lost the board fence and the power so we were luckier than a lot of people but we were able to work together and make the best of a bad deal. Beau

1 - 4 of 4 Posts