2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Remember on the talking unit you need the outs on the listening unit you need the ins...
Think about just like a person when somebody speaks somebody listens...

john

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have a cobra also, hooked into my Garmin. By the way its a fine radio. Look in your book for the wiring schematic. There is a wire (colored blue on my Garmin) for the positive signal coming from the GPS. Another wire will be the ground (common) coming from your buss or same ground source as your radio. Wire these to the plug in on the back. You will probably see two water proof rubber caps- one is external speaker, the one on the outside left is the NEMA input. Both are sligtly different size plugs. See your radio documentation. Turn on your data NEMA out in your GPS as mentioned earlier. Now simulate navigation if you are in a garage like me, or let your GPS sync your location. Turning the radio on you should instantly see the same GPS cords in the radios display. No more messing. If it does not work, switch your plug wires and try again. This is all fresh to me because I reconnected mine tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts