2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase a new bed and the options are a little overwhelming.

It's gonna be a queen size. I need yalls advice on the what and where to buy part. I live in the Clear Lake area . Where and what would you buy if you were me ? Thanks

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I shopped hard a while back and ended up at Mattresses For Less. You have one at NASA Rd & 45 now I believe.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got a select comfort (the sleep number bed). We've had it close to 10 years now and its made a big difference in my wife's and my ability to sleep. We both have bad backs and the ability to customize the firmness based on your personal needs is very helpful. In my case I change the pressure based on how my back is feeling. The more sore it is the harder I make the mattress. I sleep best on my side though so when my back is doing OK I let air out and eliminate the pressure points.

gary

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
General CoolBro said:
You must donate one of your arms to get one of those things though. $$$$$$
:eek:hwell: And I didn't even get the bed? Go figure! lol

We just bought a King sized Serta Memory Foam and I love it! $1500 from Mattress Giant.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
My wife found a sale on Stearns & Foster last year and bought one for the main house and one for the bay house. They aren't cheap, even on sale, but they are easily the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.

I stay in lot's of Westins, and the heavenly bed is okay. but mainly they put a lot of fluffy stuff on top that I always strip off because I get hot. The matresses themselves are decent, but not worth the money IMO. MY S&F's on sale were cheaper and are twice as comfortable.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sweet Dreams

After almost 30 years, a motionless waterbed is still my choice. I will sleep in a La Quinta tonight (uggh!!) and getting home is always a treat, not to mention an aid in my advancing years :wink: (if you catch my meaning, if you get my drift.)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Tempurpedic is the way to go!! It is like nothing you've slept on. It feels like a hard bed but it is very comfortable and you won't be tossing and turning all night. It just conforms to your body.

If you do go tempurpedic order it over the internet. Below is a link to the company that I got mine from. I didn't pay for shipping or tax and I got 2 free $150 each pillows. All tempurpedic dealers are mandated to charge the same price. So this is the way to save money. I had the delivery company calling me in 3 days to schedule the delivery.

http://www.ultimatebackstore.com/file_include-exec/file/tempur-beds?ovchn=OVR&ovcpn=TempurPedic&ovcrn=temper+pedic&ovtac=PPC

Call the number ((800) 789-1851) and ask for Jamie. He will take care of ya.

Jason

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Stumpgrinder said:
I need to purchase a new bed and the options are a little overwhelming.

It's gonna be a queen size. I need yalls advice on the what and where to buy part. I live in the Clear Lake area . Where and what would you buy if you were me ? Thanks
Depends on what you want that bed for.
Is it where the dog sleeps when you are away?
Is it where you eat breakfast?
Is it used for a trampoline for the kids?
How many total people will be in that bed at any one time?
Primary and secondary uses for the bed?
Etc Etc Etc

We need more details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts