At my house in Rosenberg (that I grew up in), there are some big limbs brought down by Ike.
1. front yard - live oak - one large limb about 4-5 in - diameter
2. back yard - pecan (Cherokee) - 1 or 2 limbs - 3-5 in - diameter
I would like to have a set of pens made for my brother, my nephew & me.
- are these pieces large enough?
- do I need to let the wood dry out first?
- how long to age?
- chain saw in to what length pieces?
- seal the ends? with what?
Last question ..... would any of you turn these pens for me - I'm not a wood turner - or have any of the equipment (but would love to learn)
thanks, guys, will have a "chainsaw" party this weekend. when I'm finally off from work - this will make a great "memory" for my brother & nephew, and eventually the grand-nephew and niece. just may take y'all up on the offer to turn them - would love to learn, & do... must deal with other hurricaine adventures over the next few months