2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving from Galveston to Houston to have my tooth cleaned, and it's getting pretty old. I'm guessing that some of you that live a bit closer to the Island may have dentists that you REALLY like. I could sure use some suggestions, so if you think you have a great dentist (say, between Nasa Rd. 1 and Galveston), please give me their names and phone numbers. PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

Thanky kindly.

POG and his tooth.:D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Go see Ed Staggs on Nasa 1. 281-326-7117. I HATE going to the dentist, but Ed does a good job and make the visits bearable.

Tropicalsun

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Charley0318 said:
Dr. Brent Patterson, 409-938-1700. His office is across from College of the Mainland. Great guy and office staff.
I go to Dr. patterson as well, but to the League City Office. I second great guy & office staff, as well as his office(arcade games, TV's w/ cable on ceiling to watch while in chair).

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Just take it out and put it in the dishwasher. Thats what I do with both of mine.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,982 Posts
My parents are located in League City at 1001 W. Main Street (FM 518). My dad loves to talk fishing and hunting with his patients. Give them a call at 281-332-5561.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Dr Chet Hawkins, Bay Area Boulevard. I realize it might be a little farther than you asked for , but he is first class all the way! His father, Darrell, was my dentist before he retired and Chet took over the practice. Very nice people, great work!

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
861 Posts
Charley0318 said:
Dr. Brent Patterson, 409-938-1700. His office is across from College of the Mainland. Great guy and office staff.
Dr. Patterson is wonderful. My kids went to school with his son and daughter and Dr. Patterson would come to the school and do check ups on the kids. He is really good.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Go see Dr. Blankenship on the Seawall.
4920 Seawall Blvd
(409) 762-4488

He is the best ever. And you get to sit back and look at the gulf while he works on you. No matter what chair you are in they all overlook the gulf. He is my dentist. I had a root canal done and it was a piece of cake. He is timely, too. I will never go to any other dentist since I found him. I was one of the biggest cowards ever when it comes to going to a dentist. This guy is good. And he calls you back in emergencies.

Rainy
4920 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77551
(409) 762-4488

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can vouch for Brent Patterson. He was a couple of years ahead of me at A&M and also in dental school and he is a great guy. He probably doens't remember or know me from Adam but I remember him as being a very helpful and cool person at both A&M and in dental school.
I'm sure the others mentioned here are also good. I would love to have that office you talk about on the seawall...what a view that would be.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Dr. Michael Moore on 45th. The first time I saw him was an emergency repair. He bought breakfast, fixed the tooth, and took me dove hunting....

Moore G Michael DDS MS
2002 45th St
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 750-8000

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
All that driving for one tooth?

Just pull it . The gas bill ain't worth it

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kenny,
Now THAT'S my kind of dentist! :rotfl:
That's great, Kenny. Thanks!

kenny said:
Dr. Michael Moore on 45th. The first time I saw him was an emergency repair. He bought breakfast, fixed the tooth, and took me dove hunting....

Moore G Michael DDS MS
2002 45th St
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 750-8000

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for ALL the great suggestions. I'm quite confident that I will be able to find a dentist within this list of Dr's.

Y'all stay dry today. Looks like more:cloud: .

Gotta go polish my tooth now.........:biggrin:

Laters,

POG

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Rainy said:
Go see Dr. Blankenship on the Seawall.
4920 Seawall Blvd
(409) 762-4488

He is the best ever. And you get to sit back and look at the gulf while he works on you. No matter what chair you are in they all overlook the gulf. He is my dentist. I had a root canal done and it was a piece of cake. He is timely, too. I will never go to any other dentist since I found him. I was one of the biggest cowards ever when it comes to going to a dentist. This guy is good. And he calls you back in emergencies.

Rainy
4920 Seawall Blvd
Galveston, TX 77551
(409) 762-4488
I agree! Miss Pam and I were going to him when he was practicing in Pasadena. When he moved his practice to Galveston we liked him so well that we decided to follow him and have been with him ever since. He is a great guy and a patient dentist that is smooth with the needle and causes little pain. His staff is excellent and the atmosphere in his office is like family. I'll drive to Galveston for a set up like that ANY time.

We usuallytry to make a fun trip out of it by doing something on the island while we are there.

His office faces the surf. You have a panoramic view of the waves while you are getting your dental care.

He fishes too. I told him about this site a few years ago and even though he doesn't post he is a long time lurker.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts