2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a price per square foot that i can figure on when having a carport built? i'm wanting a place to park a boat, truck, tractor, and throw some junk in. i'm thinking about 24' deep, 30' wide, and about 10 tall in the front. just 3 sides and a roof----no slab. i know when building a house theres an average price per square foot, but how bout for this?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
You might google pole barn type structures, depending on your location might be your best bet.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
As 'H2' mentioned, pole type shed will be the bottom line. Will your neighborhood allow it?
Questions; What type roof? Sheet tin panels or shingle. Can/will you haul the building materials? Can/will you do most of the labor? Have you prepped the dirt floor height? It should be 18 inches above the average lawn grass tops. Well, get dirt called in, dumped and have the kids help spread it.
Figure the roof drip edge to be approx 20 inches outide of the side support post.
Figure the roof ridge to be at least 4 feet above the side post support roof beam.

What I've listed here will cut your cost by many bucks if you need to hire contracting skills and labor. Of course, it doesn't have to be sayed, "more of your labor, less cost.....
After the poles and roof is complete, you will see how easy it is to place 4x8x16 pavers over the packed surface that makes a real solid floor and can be moved anytime you please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts