2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stand in the kitchen and spy out the jealousy window I realize that I have killed them all. I should have practiced game management, but the hunt got the best of me...I feel like Teddy roosevelt, shot em all.... There are no rats to be seen, no movement even with my night vision.. Its A SAD DAY ONLY SHOOTING PAPER.. Here I sit smack dab in the middle of the city and no woods for miles around. It used to be game on, but I got greedy and killed em all.. insert head hung low here..
I guess i am headed to pet smart to buy some rats and get the population started again.. Mabey 3 pair and a bag of rat builder feed and utilize somekind of program that enhances breeding.... think game management guys.. or it gets real boreing..

Randall

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
Bucksnort said:
Dude, you live in Pasadena. Don't worry those weren't the only rats. There will be more.
LoL, JQ, get to the country and breath some "fresh" air , the chemicals are getting to you! Lol

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Perhaps all of your rats moved way inland since the storm. Have you read the hunting threads about all the deer camps inundated with rats?

·
DS1262
2,137 Posts
Man JQ, it's tuff to hear that you have depleted the entire population of your hunting stock to extinction. But sometimes it's better to remove all of the old stock and re-populate with a more sporting species. Like maybe *****, ferrets, gerbils, the dreaded night stalking pocket gophers, or as someone has mentioned, alley cats. Perhaps with good management practices, you can continue to collect trophy game and decimate your bank account on more sophisticated big game weaponery.

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
JOHNNY QUEST said:
As I stand in the kitchen and spy out the jealousy window I realize that I have killed them all. I should have practiced game management, but the hunt got the best of me...I feel like Teddy roosevelt, shot em all.... There are no rats to be seen, no movement even with my night vision.. Its A SAD DAY ONLY SHOOTING PAPER.. Here I sit smack dab in the middle of the city and no woods for miles around. It used to be game on, but I got greedy and killed em all.. insert head hung low here..
I guess i am headed to pet smart to buy some rats and get the population started again.. Mabey 3 pair and a bag of rat builder feed and utilize somekind of program that enhances breeding.... think game management guys.. or it gets real boreing..

Randall
Don't give up, the "TROPHY'S" are still lurking out there JQ, be patient and "squeeze" the trigger...... LoL

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks. Its always nice to know ya have people backing ya.. lol

I will rebuild . Bigger, BETTER , DUMBER..

·
Master of Boats
1,434 Posts
I had friend, who had a neighbor, that didn't keep his kitty out of my friends garage or trash. One dark and stormy night, he heard the cat in the trash can by the street. "Here kitty kitty", he purred.... Head popped up outa the can.

One 22 CB short later, problem solved.

Next afternoon, neighbor asked if he had seen the cat. "Why noooooo..... but I will help you look for it" , two hours of "here kitty, kitty"..... well, I guess he ran off?

MM

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As much as I hate um, even being aflicted wit cat scratch fever, I jus can't bring myself to shoot em.. They are someones pet in my hood... I need to take more Zanex, then re-think it....

·
One Hell Of A Spoonie Killa
532 Posts
Back in 2006 after purchasing 7 trophy rats on my 3000sq ft high fenced backyard i can now say that i have some winners. Heck just look at one of our cull rats for the '08-09 year.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
JOHNNY QUEST said:
As much as I hate um, even being aflicted wit cat scratch fever, I jus can't bring myself to shoot em.. They are someones pet in my hood... I need to take more Zanex, then re-think it....
Just shoot em in the arse. Give em a little stinger. Its fun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts