2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Im a little behind in times or this subject wasn't debated enough, we were at our home football game and the anouncer asked for a moment of silence. Well after that I asked my wife when we were going to say the prayer for our students,visitors,parents,our country and our soldiers. She then informed me that we cannot pray at school events anymore! What in the world is going on guys!!! Then during the singing of our national anthem I could'nt count how many people did not remove there hats and how many did not regonize our flag as it was being presented. I have to say that alot of the ones that were not removing there hats or respecting the moment of silence were the kids. How is this country to go forward without respect for it?? I know this will get deleted but I hope someone can shed some light for me. BTY I have not typed this much since high school when we still prayed before games and if you didnt respect the flag you got the **** knocked out of you from Dad or coach and in most cases BOTH.

Darryl

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Brother dont get me started. I get mad pretty easy over this subject...................later,Dave

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
What is also sad is when you go to a professional sports event and the announcer has to "remind" people to remove their hats during the National Anthem, again, what is this freakin world coming to?

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
There was a lawsuit battled out in Santa Fe (TX) on this issue. A jewish family had complained. What happened to majority rules? Thats the answer I'd like to have.....

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Castnet,,,, I can almost promise your post won't be deleted, Our dear webmaster has a very big heart when it comes to OUR COUNTRY......

Yep, some of the things we all see these days makes me friggin sick......

·
Registered
232 Posts
Respect

There are schools where you will see people stand and pay respect for the national anthem, as well as recite a pre-game prayer. It happens every Friday in the fall and winter at the city's parochial schools. The level of respect is a welcome reminder that there are places where God, country and responsibility are still taught.

My son attends a Jesuit school here in Houston. Every year 1- 3 students attend the nation's military academies.

As an aside - we had our inaugural home football game at our new stadium, and I am in charge of one of the concesssion stand crews. We had 5,000 people at our game (playing another catholic high school), and the amount of trash that was left was astonishing. I could have easily picked up half of the area in 5 minutes, and never filled one trash bag! Character and respect for others extends beyond the obvious.

Take heart - there is hope. Each of us can do our part by instilling these values in our own families, and influencing those around us when and where we can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts