2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this on my box.

Anyone know what they're talking about in these reels? Just the grease that comes in it, or what?

I should wear gloves when cleaning it I guess.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
good thing your in Texas!!! if you were one of those granola eating hippies in California you'd have something to worry about!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yeah, they had to warn the Californians cause they would try to recycle it and eat it. :biggrin: You should be good to go, just don't lick your fingers after cleaning!

·
Registered Somewhere
5,633 Posts
You have to wear a full chem suit to clean those reels. But only in California.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
I came across that warning on a hose end sprayer. I asked a sales associate what was in the sprayer to require the warning and they didn't have a clue.

james

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I believe it's the grease. I bought some the other day (automotive grease) and it says the same thing on the bottle. I really wouldn't worry about cleaning the reel. We eat fish from water that has flesh eating bacteria in it lol.

Jake

·
Banned
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jake said:
We eat fish from water that has flesh eating bacteria in it lol.

Jake
I'd be more worried about what the plants pour in the water.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
true, but you get my point haha. I've accidently ingested grease before and I'm still functioning okay... for now. I really would like to see a case where something in that box was directly linked to cancer.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I would think that if you used that specific product too much then the wife would get mad and cut something off. Maybe that's what they are refering to.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Most likely lead or chromium (dichromate coatings, etc.) on something in the reel that requires the warning in Cali. Our company is trying to limit the use of chromium but a lot of our standard hardware used throughout our company uses it for corrossion protection. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts