2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They left the guns? Stole my GPS unit and Wife's new camera.

Bay Colony is where I live so beware! I got evidence the police do not have such as foot prints. They are recorded now on video phone.

Walked right past my security lights left my gun and reels in truck. totally trashed the inside. I have all the SN's if anyone here knows pawnshop owners locally

Anyone in League City got a game camera I can borrow?
or wireless video? Planned on using my camera for Anniversary dinner tonight but that's out the **** window.

Feel seriously violated but glad I did not have to take someones life last night as well at same time.

·
All my friends say.....
7,365 Posts
Any idea on the time frame? Was all of your stuff in the cab area or did you have a tool box or hard cover? Trying to get an idea of how they are operating so I can keep an eye out.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
I feel for you Brother. I hate a thief worse than anyone. Am I understanding that this stuff was stolen out of your truck? I won't even leave a hat or a coffee thermos in my truck anymore. If anyone breaks into mine, they can have the umbrella.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any idea on the time frame? Was all of your stuff in the cab area or did you have a tool box or hard cover? Trying to get an idea of how they are operating so I can keep an eye out.
Between 0100 and 0600

cab........with tool box. entry was made via both doors (keyless entry) I keep it locked all the time. Both doors were closed back but not latched when the robber left.

Center console was trashed coast guard radio left binos USMC combat KaBar left alone. Neighbor was robbed as well

took phone chargers as well left all gift cards etc.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Seems like it was neighborhood kids, if they only took gps and camera. Hope you get, whoever it was.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems like it was neighborhood kids, if they only took gps and camera. Hope you get, whoever it was.
First time I avoided it!!! They/we thought it was kids!! NOPE it was a organized crime professional thief.. He was caught in downtown Houston by HPD 3 months ago with a truck full of stuff including my neighbors stuff that was robbed last night. (second time)

We did have a break in the other day where trespassing citation was issued to kid. We stopped a break in of a garage by him but he was caught outside the residence so could not prove it.

I have something the cops do not have!! a picture of a foot print belonging to robber. It started raining after dark night I match that footprint to who I think might have done it being that kid....Im going to do some recon today on this kid.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone got some ideas on what I can do?I know what I want to do to catch em. My driveway is 90 feet long so they have to walk up it to get to my ride.

Does anyone know how I can rig a sensor to my security lights?I want it to make a light come on inside as well in my bathroom to alert me or a loud horn.

Only reason is I got over 30k in tools to protect.So any info is appreciated.:walkingsm

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
got this idea on 2cool a while back-

if you have motion sensored lights, unscrew one and get one of the deals that screw in with a plug on it. run an extension cord from it into the house and plug a radio in that stays on. when the light comes on the radio will be turned on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Find the ID numbers on your GPS and call the manufacture and have it traced. Its all satellite and can be traced. Take you right to the thief.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Find the ID numbers on your GPS and call the manufacture and have it traced. Its all satellite and can be traced. Take you right to the thief.
Brotherman you ever tried to call Garmin?lol I have been on phone for 2 hours since it happened and never got ahold of anyone. 40min wait times

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
one word of caution. A lot of the motion sensors on the market today are notorious for causing false positives. I mean by that the sensor will drive you nutty by setting off whatever you have tied to it when nothing is in fact in motion. They sense strange things like temp inversions, rain drops, tree leave movement, cars going by on the street etc etc.

My recommendation is a good car alarm coupled with a 2 piece baby monitor. Put the microphone in a window near the driveway where you have your ride parked. If the alarm goes off it will be picked up by the monitor and you will hear all the ruckus on the other end of the monitor, the speaker, which is placed in your bedroom or bathroom if that is right next to your bedroom. I can guarantee you this works. We can hear the clock ticking on the wall in the breakfast room about 20 ft from the microphone on the window sill and can hear the fridge come on and off in the kitchen. You get used to those sounds and they don't bother you after a while. The speaker is also adjustable for level of sound you want. If your car alarm sounds off, you will hear it immediately and you can introduce yourself to the turd thief in a matter of seconds.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
im looking at a house over in that same subdivision.....and ill have 3 or 4 game cams back here probably this weekend! let me know if you need them and you are more than welcome to them! goodluck catchin that pos

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im looking at a house over in that same subdivision.....and ill have 3 or 4 game cams back here probably this weekend! let me know if you need them and you are more than welcome to them! goodluck catchin that pos
I will take you up on that offer.

PM me contact info..All my cams are in Athens at the ranch.:clover:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts