2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this one done by an experienced individual..Friend of a friend.
I am extremely pleased. Shot this buck in Maverick county in Jan. this season
I saw him on a tuesday and had untill friday 9:30a.m. to take him if it was likely.
He when down at 7:10a.m. that last morning. He had been milling in and out of the brush with 3 other bucks since about 30 minutes before shoot time that morning. I was totally pleased. Four days hunting for the same buck, with 3 days of nasty weather, fog being the worst of it. I held out for him and managed to pick him out of an impressive line up of bucks. I was a guest invited to shoot a management buck 8 point 4-1/2 years or older. I was convinced he would meet the criteria and he did. My personal best, and a sigh of relief as he made the cut. 4-1/2 yrs. scored 137.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was happy about it..I have spent a lot of time taking customers and friends out near Rock Springs and I would only harvest a doe. Most of the hunting I do near home is on type II. I didn't have to pack this one out on foot
either.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Big Buck

How old are you son?Alot of men alot older than the boy in the
picture would call that a buck of a lifetime..
WAY TO GO ON SUCH A BUCK.ESPECIALLY AFTER CHASING
HIM SO LONG.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slabseeker said:
How old are you son?Alot of men alot older than the boy in the
picture would call that a buck of a lifetime..
WAY TO GO ON SUCH A BUCK.ESPECIALLY AFTER CHASING
HIM SO LONG.....
Thats my oldest boy Stormy....I'm behind the camera.
Anyway I'm 43 come Sept. and like you said I'm calling this buck my buck of a lifetime. What was interesting about this hunt was I saw a ton of deer and a lot bigger bucks than this guy. My instructions were that those other deer were not
gonna be harvested this year..So when 4 cods were circling in and out of the brush my eyeball got scope eye trying to keep on him. Man I had a great time.
Thanks for all the comments folks.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Nice whitetail!! Looks like you have some other nice mounts on the wall as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts