2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been holding out on ya'll for awhile but I figure it is time to let the news out. Let me give you some history to get you back to this point first...it makes it a little more intense.

First off, I went thru a nasty divorce. My ex vowed to destroy me in anyway possible and well she got me good financially. I guess she was mad since I was awarded custody of my 3 sons and given my old house back, and she is supposed to pay me child support. Tough pill to swallow for a women I guess. The custody battle took about a year and several thousand dollars....well worth it but expensive nonetheless. Well she did ruin my credit and I was left to fix all the bad debt.

Since then I have remarried and am spending my life with my best friend. She is wonderful and life is so much better now...not even comparable. Altogether we have 5 kids.....sheesh!!!!

I had to sell my old house and we have lived in some tight quarters in a townhouse. Well, thanks to the grace of God and some hard work we will be closing on a new used house July 7th.

It is such a victory for me to finally put my family back in our own home. As the provider and leader of my household it has burdened me for quite some time to get my family back in a place of our own, and now we are finally there.

I have been working a lot of overtime to recover from all the setbacks, and God has provided me with the opportunity all along. He has shown me to let go and let Him so many times. I wanted to share my dream/victory with my 2Cool family. I can't wait to be back in a house again...a place of our own.

Our house is a 4/2/2.5 with a pool.....sounds like a 2Cool party to me, and my new neighbor fishes too!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here....cuz believe it or not this place was and is a place of refuge. The laughs I've had have been great. The hard times help one realize that my issues were minor compared to many. The good people I have met and am yet to meet all have helped keep my spirits high even in some trying times.

Well as they say, My house is your house, as long as I am home!!!!:D

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but when you've been where I've been....it is a slam dunk victory!!!!

Mike

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Truely awesome Mike! I'm happy to hear that things are finally working out for you. All your hard work and faith has paid off.

Congrats!
Tim

·
Registered
933 Posts
Been there, done that, CONGRATULATIONS, marriage to a best friend after such an experience is just the answer, me and mine been together 20 years now. Always do right by the kids, even when it seems too tough.

Bogey

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Mike, I am truly elated to hear of 'victory' and new home. You're a fine young man and have been a great addition to the 2Cool family. I'm proud to know ya.

OK, when's the pool party!!! :D

·
Hunting Machine!
5,832 Posts
Mike --I do not know you but I have been through that 2 times and a LOVE OF A REAL DAD for his kids will win --never giving up--play the game and stay the course! I am PROUD of you my friend--a man after my oun heart! You are a winner in my book and you deserve a 1st class party!

I thank God every day to look into my childrens eyes and see the Love! Way to go Man! Bless you and Yours!--ANYTHING you need give me a shout! I mean it!

swamp...............raising 5!.............solo flight!..............nuthin' better!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Way to go Iron Mike......Congrats..

Pops & Robs...

Wrapping dem presents gonna be fun dis year....again!

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Mike,

It IS a big deal. Been down those roads and it's no fun. Glad to hear everything is working out as HE intended.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Mike, although we have never met, I will look into your post for inspiration. my road into that journey is just starting, no kids though... so hopefully it will be a quick one.

Semper-Fi!

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chiefcharlie said:
Way to go Iron Mike......Congrats..

Pops & Robs...

Wrapping dem presents gonna be fun dis year....again!
lmao....we got a fireplace to wrap presents by this year.....could be dangerous for momma again this year!!!!!:biggrin:

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts