2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I laid in bed every night for about a week, not able to stop thinking about it, went to work thinking about it, come home thinking about, it is all I thought about, so on the way home yesterday, I said this is stupid. So I made a left turn and went the Bow Shop and got me a new Mathews Switchback XT. Man o Man is this bow smooth, and fast. Shooting 190 FPS with Maxima arrows, and 100gr tips. Cant wait to get to Colorado at the end of next month, and put the stalk on an Elk.

·
Rattle snake AL
1,789 Posts
mathews switchback xt

I went to the bow zone the other day to shoot my reflex timberwolf. They had a mathews switchback xt demo. I shot it a few times and let me tell you that is one nice bow. I been thinking about it the last few days too. Not sure how I can get it by the wife. If he would have taken my reflex in trade I would own a mathews switchback xt. Still thinking about it.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
If your getting 190 fps the Chono must be wrong, although I dont own and dont intend to own a Mathews. Even shooting low poundage you should be over 200fps. Do you have your string loaded with 'cat whiskers' 'True Peep'?? WW

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
If in fact it does shoot 190fps, you have a serious problem with your bow and it 4SURE needs some attention. I shoot a >>80s<< model Hoyt @48lbs with wheels, overdraw, 27" 2213 shafts, 4" str8 fletched vanes, 125 gr head and get close to 200fps. All I have on my string is 1 knock and peep, and 'paper tested' What you read on bows and the IBO speeds is somewhat misleading as these are done with a bare bow and nothing on string, not even a knock and shot off a machine. Just 1 knock will take about 10fps off your speed, when you go to putting 'cat wiskers' 'True-Peep' on your string, helical feather fletching, and bad arrow flight will steadily bring your speed down. I have seen shops set bows up with things you really dont need, and not paper test the bow. Even if your bow has bad arrow flight (not paper tested) and the string loaded up with junk you should still be getting >at least< >225fps+ @ 60lbs. Hopefully you dont take this as a bashing of your new Mathews as I think they are one of the best. As far as a "killing machine" its for sure not the bow, the American Indian was a killing machine with just a stick and string. If the Indians had compounds we would be on the reservations. WW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.