2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tail light on my F150 truck went out. So, no big deal. Bought a new tail light and thought I would do it myself.

I opened the tailgait and there were two holes that you had to put a socket thru to unscrew two screws. No big deal. I put my new socket wrench and new socket on and placed in hole and the socket fell into the hole...landing somewhere in the open space. Okay...now I know how things are...I will use a screw driver that fits onto another new socket and try again. Being very careful....and lost another socket to the bottomless pit.

I tried my new extendable magnet rod down the hole to try to retrive my lost sockets, etc. and.....oh no, it broke...but I managed to get it all out...

Now , I did finally fix tightening the screws and the light works....thank heaven.

But now I have sockets inside the truck by the rear lights? Has anyone done this before and if so, how did you retrieve lost items?

My luck was bad......ouch

Pick ><>

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Once you get the light off the truck, you should be able to reach into the hole and get them back. If your truck is like mine, the whole light fixture itself comes off.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,212 Posts
They are gone forever, kind of like the dryer that eats socks :headknock.

After you remove the light casing you should be able to get to them.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Get one of those really strong "grabber" magnets and put a towel/cloth between it and the trucks paint. You should be able to pull the sockets up to the opening and just reach in with a couple of fingers and grab them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts