2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard a peep out of my fellow Astros fans about the amazing run they are on. If the playoffs started today, they would be in. How bout that?!?!

Are y'all silent because you are holding your breath, afraid to jinx the third most jinxable team in MLB (behind the Cubs and Red Sox LOL)??

Or are you like me, just used to the late season surge they usually make only to let us down in the final game and send us into the post season with an elevated heart rate and dashed expectations?

Maybe this is the year? Nah! Probably not. But you gotta love the fact that the old timers finally woke up and decided to play ball. Maybe they will yet live up to preseason expectations. Later, Aubrey

·
Registered
652 Posts
After so many people jumped off the band wagon (including myself) the wagon got a lot easier to pull. I am afraid the extra weight of us band wagoneers may slow them back down. So everybody just stay off. :biggrin:

strosin6

·
11,765 Posts
Aubrey I've got the fingers and toes crossed. They have got a chance. Who'd a thunk it a month ago the way they were playing. I don't know what finally flipped the switch with the bats but I hope Scrap Iron does.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
It's prolly over now, Redding is pitchin' today!! Hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Let's hope they can keep the roll goin'!!
Rick

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Kinda like a no hitter. I'm keeping my mouth shut! I dogged 'em hard enough before the new skipper came on board. I didn't think he'd help that much. I now retract those statements!
4- count 'em 4- home runs in last nights 1 st. inning! Rocket gave up one hit in 7 innings!

Go Stos!!
Bigwater

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I think they got a real world wake up call

but I will see how long it takes them to settle back down and play their type of game. It is a story that has been told before, last push then the big hype for next year. Fool me once shame on you, fool me for X amount of years shame on me. I hope they do get it together and win, I really do like Houston Teams, but baseball and Houston have never clicked.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Exactly!

Bassfreeks said:
I haven't heard a peep out of my fellow Astros fans about the amazing run they are on. If the playoffs started today, they would be in. How bout that?!?!

Are y'all silent because you are holding your breath, afraid to jinx the third most jinxable team in MLB (behind the Cubs and Red Sox LOL)??

Or are you like me, just used to the late season surge they usually make only to let us down in the final game and send us into the post season with an elevated heart rate and dashed expectations?

Maybe this is the year? Nah! Probably not. But you gotta love the fact that the old timers finally woke up and decided to play ball. Maybe they will yet live up to preseason expectations. Later, Aubrey
Seen it all too many times. I have my rabbit feet crossed and tied up with four leafed clovers duck taped to my lucky shirt with my rally cap on, breath held and everything else.

It's about time they came to life. Hope they can build on this awesome streak of 20 out of 23.

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,629 Posts
I was thinking the no-hitter thing. Redding has really good stuff, but just can't keep it out of the middle of the plate. If he can locate it better we have a chance.

Mike

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
Hernandez is pitching today according to the Astro's website.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Redding has the second game in the double header, if not rained out weather was pretty bad there yesterday.
Rick

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
If the offense plays the way they have the last couple of weeks, Redding could have the worst game of his career and we'd still have a chance to win. I hope that he figured out something in AAA. I think his last several starts were pretty good. But that may not translate into success at the major league level.

As far as the streak goes, I don't really care what happens. At least now they have a chance. Three weeks ago they were all but dead. Now, they are in the race. But it's a heated race. The Cubs are playing pretty terrible right now - they lost 2 of 3 to the homeless Expos, in Wrigley Field. The Giants haven't been playing much better. The Padres have been a little better, but not great. They did, however, take two games from the Cardinals, which has been tough to do this year. The team I worry about is the Marlins. They've won 9 in a row. It could be 12, too, if they didn't have to postpone three games in a row. It's a close race and there will be several very disappointed teams going home at the end of the season. As long as it's not the Cubs or the Giants winning the Wild Card, I could care less if the Astros make it. They have given us hope when there appeared to be none.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I called my shot in July. I was the first caller after the last game before the All Star break on KTRH. I said then that the season was very, very salvageable. I called for someone to track down Davey Johnson and get him in uniform.

I was at the game on Aug 22nd when the benches cleared with Oswalt. I said two things out loud for all the Cubbie fans to hear.... One was "this is the beginning of the end for y'all. We needed a spark and you scrubs just gave it to us." Man, for once I was right on...

The second thing I yelled to all of them was "You're not going anywhere cuz at the end of the day, you're still the Cubs!" I was amazed how no one said a word. If it would've been the Yankees in town, someone would have stood up. But not Cub Fan....'nuff said.

My other fun was heckling Sosa. After he struck out with runners in scoring postiton, I was hollering "Hey Corky, atta way to play the game, baby!" And when he'd come I was yelling..."Now up to bat...Swingin' Sammy Steroi....eeerrrr Sosa." I wish I could sit along that rail every night.....

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
Angler2407 said:
I called my shot in July. I was the first caller after the last game before the All Star break on KTRH. I said then that the season was very, very salvageable. I called for someone to track down Davey Johnson and get him in uniform.

I was at the game on Aug 22nd when the benches cleared with Oswalt. I said two things out loud for all the Cubbie fans to hear.... One was "this is the beginning of the end for y'all. We needed a spark and you scrubs just gave it to us." Man, for once I was right on...

The second thing I yelled to all of them was "You're not going anywhere cuz at the end of the day, you're still the Cubs!" I was amazed how no one said a word. If it would've been the Yankees in town, someone would have stood up. But not Cub Fan....'nuff said.

My other fun was heckling Sosa. After he struck out with runners in scoring postiton, I was hollering "Hey Corky, atta way to play the game, baby!" And when he'd come I was yelling..."Now up to bat...Swingin' Sammy Steroi....eeerrrr Sosa." I wish I could sit along that rail every night.....
I was at the middle game of that series, the one the Astros won. There was a guy there that got kicked out near the end of the game because he was holding up a sign that said "Cubs still s***!" I was surprised it took as long as it did to happen. The sad thing about that game was that I saw just as many people wearing Cubs gear as Astros apparell. Ah, the joys of WGN being nationally broadcast. If you do go to an Astros game, and you are cheering for them, wear something that shows that, especially when we are playing the Cubs. We need to let them know that Minute Maid Park is our house, not theirs. Bunch of loud-mouthed <bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep>s!!!

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Friday 9/10/04.....Pirates 6 Stros 1 They are just teasing us. Its nice to see the win streak, but where was the intensity two months ago? They have a history of getting everyone fired up and then falling flat. I really hope they are successful this time, but I won't hold my breath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts