2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone live west of town and have to drive into town on I-10? You know that streach where the lanes seem to disappear and go every which way. Right around Beltway 8. I almost got crushed by an 18 wheeler and Im not sure which one of was in the right lane. Please be careful in that area, it can get you killed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I run it 5 or 6 times a week heading to the office. Problem is most drivers have no courtesy anymore and just zip in and out of lanes at full speed with no regard to road status or conditions.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
There is a stretch on the east bound side of IH 10 just before the Beltway that the lane lines almost completely disappear when the road is wet, especially at night! Your so right, need to be very careful around the Beltway area!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been driving it from Katy at least twice each weekday since 1992. The last 5-years has only been to Gessner which is 16-miles. It has taken me between 30 min. and 120 min. to make that stretch over that time.The regulars have a "code" if you will of automotive conduct. You can spot a rookie easier than a commie. The regulars will give you one (1) not two (2) car lengths between you and the car in front without jumping in. From Katy to Barker Cypress it's 80 - 85 mph 5-wide. That one car length is vital. The rookies will dive in and screw everything up.

The HOV is a whole other kettle of fish. The cheaters jump in from 5 mph to a lane that is typically going 70+. When you come over the hill to where the HOV divides to go downtown the cheaters freak when they see a cop set up to catch them and begin immediately hitting the brakes or taking your one length to save themselves. It is heart warming to see them get nabbed.

Some will meticulously make their way across 5-lanes of traffic to evade the law. The boys in blue will stop all lanes of traffic and usher them over to the shoulder to enjoy a paper chat.

There's more but it doesn't get any better such as the one woman that I see at least once a week that is driving with her knees, talking on a cell phone and putting make up on at 70 mph. I don't dare get in front of her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts