2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,009 Posts
I recently purchased a Vector 3300 w/trip 250 yamahas, I am still feeling the boat out but I really like it so far.

It is a well built heavy boat. with alot of storage and standard features that would normally be upgrades on most other boats.

I went from four strokes to two strokes so i am back to buying oil every trip and I dont like that, but I will get used to it.

· Registered
2,009 Posts
I am curious if this boat has a hour meter? or is it the owner estimation of hours used.

90 hours almost sounds to good to be true on a 4 year old boat.

I would call a marine mechanic and see if they can hook up a laptop to see the actual hours on the motors, I know you can do this with Yamaha motors but not sure about the johnson engines.

I had a 2000 Johnson 200hp ocean pro on a fishmaster that i purchased new and never had any problems.

I sold the boat to a friend two years ago and he has had zero problems from the motor.

like anything else if you dont perform routine maintenence its gonna have problems.

· Registered
2,009 Posts
I Would Bet He Cant, But A Couple Phone Calls To Marine Mechanics Will Answer Your Question.

AT A MINIMUM I WOULD THINK A TRUSTED MECHANIC COULD PULL PLUGS AND PERFORM A COMPRESSION TEST AND LOOK A FEW OTHER PLACES TO DETERMINE IF THE MOTORS LOOKS FRESH OR WORE OUT.

YOU CAN ALSO PROBABLY PULL UP MAINTENENCE RECORDS IF THE SELLER WILL LET YOU KNOW WHERE HES HAD SERVICE/WARRANTY WORK PERFORMED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.