2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only took a few photos during the storm. I think I was just too nervous to think about much. Here are two that I liked. The first was looking through our front window at about 5:00am Saturday morning. We were just feeling the full force of Ike at that time. It was very dark actually. This was a 30 second exposure so it brought in a lot more light than I could actually see at the time. I believe the neighbors door and side windows look lit up quite normally but I think it is just candle light that gave that glow.

The second one is my wife trying to keep herself busy. She was boiling some water on the stove to make me some coffee. Thankfully we had our gas stove to cook with and our gas water heater to supply nice hot showers throughout the week. I think her blurred movement looks sort of hurricanish.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I really do like the last one best. I like the flashlight on the ceiling, the radio and coffee pot going. Water cooler waiting. Typical hurricane riding out stuff. It says it all. Very nice.

·
1,188 Posts
second one looks ghostly. I like it

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Interesting, James.
I've got some sunset shots that look very cool from Ike. I have yet to take some pictures from around town here where I live. My camera has been at the house.
Tonight I drove through Bayou Vista. I wish I had my camera with me because I could've taken thousand photos of something. They got hit very hard. The State Guard or National Guard is protecting that entire area.
I saw boats up on Highway 6 and saw a house sitting in a canal. I'm still shaking from that one. Somebody has a Carolina Skiff and trailer attached along the Texas City Y.
My heart goes out to all that lost soooo much down that way.
Today I had a delivery to Longview. I can tell you this--I saw a lot of destruction all the way up 59. I have covered from Katy and all around Houston since yesterday and there is soooo much damage all around. There was a house fire just down the street from where I live. The power came on so I guess it caused a surge to their house.

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
typical things one sees, but through the lens of your camera James, unique.

that candle power sure is strong... maybe a generator? or maybe it is the long exposure. whatever it is, as i said, it's a unique perspective.

rosesm

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I wish I had done more photographically but just was not in the mood. Then during the week following the storm, with no electricity, the mood still never struck me. I am getting the urge now however and plan on doing some shooting somewhere this weekend. And yes Rich, she can sew:) She'd rather just go shopping though and she hates the fact that I posted this picture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts