2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
His wife, Dawn, and their two children, ages 6 and 4 months, had evacuated their home in Crystal Beach as Ike approached, but Anderson remained.
He knows he made a mistake and in the process forced others to put their own lives at risk to rescue him. He has them and his Creator for saving his ***. He got REAL lucky.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm glad that they are alive, but what they did was stupid. What did they expect to achive by staying, hurricanes are an act of nature and there is nothing you can do once it is here. Did they thing they can stop the water from coming in to there homes once it there or hold down the roof, or what ever else happens during a hurricane. One guy's wife would have been a widow with two young kids because he thought he could achive something by staying instead of leaving with his family. I can go on but the main thing is if they tell you to leave, LEAVE and come back later praying that everything is ok. Things can be replace, but you only get one life and the next time anyone chooses to stay don't think of yourself but the love one's you are leaving behind.

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
That also answered one of the burning questions in my mind about vibrio.... I was sure that Ike not only stirrred it up more but created ideal conditions for it to run rampant.

Thank god he survived it, I am surprised, especially when seeing how badly it was eating at him.

Be careful out there wading folks. My cousin is in her internship at the hospital in Harlingen and she said they've had at least three confirmed cases of vibrio recently.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Makes me worried for the others who stayed and are still missing.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Its always interesting to to read the "Monday morning quaterback" type responses when things like this occur. Remember this, hindsight is 20/20... I don't think its fair for us to be sitting at our computer 2 weeks later criticizing these individuals or any of the deceased for that matter. I'm glad to hear that they survived and saddened to learn that the death toll has risen to 32 in the Houston area. What is also very alarming and disturbing is the amount of people missing our unaccounted for...
My thoughts and prayers for all the families who lost loved ones as a result of this storm...

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's not hindsight when we see a dozen of them every year.

I'm glad he survived but sometimes we need to defer to common sense.

MA

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Beginning to believe that many folks that choose to stay on the Boliver Pennesula will never be found. 100s are missing and some cel phoned in calls for help during the height of the storm. I expect the older folks in Galveston have just not be able to check back in from thier evacauation points. - those on Boliver - well they may never be found. Some debris from Boliver is now washing up on Padre Island National Seashore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts