2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 17 Whaler got some damage from Hurricane Ike. It could of been a lot worse. I will have to replace the center console along with the controls, sounder and compass. The 90 Yamaha motor did fine. There was no water in the motor. It was in a garage that flooded. It floated to the ceiling and crushed the center console. It then floated out of the garage and rested about 100 yards away. There is a hole punched in the bottom. It looks as if a pole or something hit it. It's about the size of a softball. All of the fiberglass is there, it's just pushed in. My question is, how hard would this be to repair? Is it something I could do myself or should I take it to a shop for repair? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, Do y'all know where to get a new center console (new/used) in the Houston area?

Thanks, Scott

·
archTech
8,620 Posts
My Whaler had three trees on it...luckily I have the deck and consoles out of it and had very minimal damage. Contact Joe at Orlandos Fiberglass in Kemah or Angels in Dickinson as they both work on classic Whalers and may still have some consoles. Sorry to hear about your Whaler...I bet it will still float though.

Send me a PM...your console may can be salvaged/fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts