2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ND3 VS BIG PIG LIGHT VS HAWGLIGHT VS HOGZILLA?

I have been researching on getting a light for night pig hunts. Some are cheaper in price than others and some dont work under 50 degree temps. Which one do yall like most? I really like the reviews and specs of the Big Pig Light. I was just wondering how it and the other lights compared. thanks for any feed back.

zak

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Bought the XLR 100 because the guy was out of the 250. We used it every night for about two weeks straight. Coolest thing I've ever used for spotting pigs. I turned the Q beam on them and they hit the trail. The deer paid a little more attention to the green light but not like hitting them with a quartz light. Wasn't interested in deer anyway. Paid $99.00 for it, worth every penny. Stopped in Cazadores in Pearsall and they had the 250 for $139.99 and bought it. Significantly better. These things come with batteries, dual charging ac-dc, switches, mounts, everything. The 100 doesn't have a rail mount for an AR, made for a bow I guess.

·
Hog Tight and Hoss High
80 Posts
I have a big pig light.
It's exactly the same as the xlr250 except the xlr comes with a barrel mount as well a the clamp scope mount
The BPL only has the clamp mount but costs less.
The are so much the same that I believe they are both made in the same factory and just marked with the distributors name.

Works great, won't be sorry with either.
IMHO the laser generics is overrated and over priced.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Hey guys I really appreciate the responses. I picked up the big pig light. I am sure it will work great. I may get one of the xlr250 down the road and put it on another rifle. Do you guys like the scope mount or rail mount? I will be hunting under a couple of my feeders and they are all within 150 yards. I hope this light will work well. I was driving through the pasture the other night and no joke I saw 100 pigs if not more. So I hope I can hunt them in the evenings with this light!!! I will post some reviews once it comes in.

Zak

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I used the clamps for the scope and tried it on top, sideways it doesn't really matter. Works fine, couple of seconds it's off. Haven't put it on an AR yet but I would presume on a forward rail its going to be sideways. Left or right. I tried videos using the 250 but my camera wants to automatically adjust and all I got was a blur. I know it can be done, I needed someone to operate the light away from the camera. When you get the light on black pigs their eyes light up green and give your eyes a second and the body outline will appear. Any color pig it doesn't matter. I bought an inexpensive scope with an illuminated reticle. The green ones are too bright. Get a red one and low settings only. Happy hunting.

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Went out saturday with a Nitecore MT40 rail mounted on the AR. Have an EOTech sight as well.

First time out with it; worked wonder! I can't believe I haven't put this combo together before!!

EOTech is obviously mounted on the top, MT40 on the right side. Pressure switch runs to forward grip.

I've not scope mounted a light, but I like the compactness of having everything rail mounted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts