2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hunting in Gonzales County??? I have a lead on 700 acres there and the price seem reasonable, plan on looking at it next Saturday...

Also... anybody know anything about sub-leasing??? This guy I talked to said he leases property for his cows, but with that he has the hunting rights and can do what he pleases with it..

I'm not going to jump into anything, I was thinking of asking for a copy of his lease, and contacting the land owner to make sure the guy has permission to do so..

The place supposadly has deer and hogs on it and is also in a 13" rule county. My dad and I will be looking at it.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Most definitely make sure everything is legit.

I have hunted the county since 04 I think, the 13" rule has definitely helped out. I am not sure how easy the thread would be to find but someone posted a pic of a low fence monster in Gonzales county.

Plenty of hogs!

Where abouts is the place in Gonzales Co.?

·
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
South of Nixon

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Lots of people desperate for $$$ in these days....definitely check him out with the landowner. You can look up the landowner on the county records online if you know where the place is. Tax office in that small of a town will know also.
Good luck!
Brice

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tiny~If you decide to lease this place and are gonna need a few extra members I would definitely be interested. I'm searching high & low for a place for next year around that area or the Hill Country.
~Thanks~

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Pretty typical deal out here, We lease from the rancher not the landowner all the time. There is a lot of hogs and some places have some good deer on them. Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Me and my father will also be looking for a place in that region. If you have any opeinings and the price is right send me a pm would be very interested for next season.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nixon

We hunt 8 miles out of Nixon off 77 between Smiley and Nixon.
If you know the guys name I will ask our Land Owner if he knows them.
If you do get on it I highly recomend the Taco Ranch in Nixon as the place to eat. Service is slow but the food and prices are fantastic.

·
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.... hell... Place got leased out this morning.

Ohh.. well I hate it that you can find what you are looking for when you are not ready to find it, but you Can't find what you are looking for when you are ready to get it!

Bummer....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts