2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Marsh Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of redhead bayou snake boots from BPS and took them hunting this past friday...they leaked so bad
those boots must wick water from the outside air and put it inside the boot with your foot
I returned them and bought a pair of scent blocker snake boots which cost alot more but look much more waterproof
ive been reading reviews on the scent blocker today and it seems that they will probably leak too...hope they are wrong

any body have any experiance with them personally?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think i just bought the exact same boots from Bass Pro. Had to send them back. Couldn't get my foot in past the ankle. seemed very odd. They looked sharp though. Wish they would have fit....maybe not after hearing your report.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Danner

I bought a pair of Danner Pronghorn SnakeBoots about a month ago (after my bro's lab took a bite to the face from a rattlesnake down on Peach Point). I field tested them up in Somerville on a couple scouting missions and have been most impressed. Comfortable, dry, easy to get on and off, and very little break-in time needed.
They don't give'm away but if you want a pair of boots that'll last, drop the coin on the Danner's.
I also have a pair of Danner Pronghorn's (mid-calf height), that I've had about 3yrs and have stomped through some serious shiznit and they're still holding up great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts