2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics of some orcas stealing our halibut. Some guy took these of his wife. I was on the other side of the boat. The power of my orca was incredible. I was yanked to the side of the boat and had to drop down to avoid losing the rod. Pretty cool though getting that close. My pictures were on regular fils so I'll post them whenever I get them developed.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
If you scroll down

past the message box and down past the smilies, you will see a manage attachments, click it and another box will open, from there just browse to where your images are and upload them. Then click submit reply.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Judging from the smiles and laughter coming from the ladies

it looks like good times were had and some awesome memories were born!
Did the orca's leave ya'll at least a little taste of halibut?
Pretty neat you captured some photo's of the event. Thanks for sharing them:smile:

Kay:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In that case we let the orcas win and just went do a different spot. Once there we did pretty good. I'll be getting my pictures developed soon and I'll post them soon. I caught a real big ugly ling cod that looks pretty cool. Otherwise i'm ready to get back to Texas.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
hey catfish mike, i have been so busy lately, ive just had time to stop in and try and keep up on things, so sorry if you have already answered this, but where were yall?? that looks like so much fun! did yall end up with some halibut to bring home? how big were they? one of these days.....im gonna go!! :doowapsta
thanks for the picts,
trudy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah, we ended up with plenty. I got 4 silvers, a couple ling cod and about 5 halibut plus the ones I got bit off. The halibut are alot smaller this time of year due to fishing pressure/season. Still lots of fun though, I caught an 80 lbder a couple of weeks ago and it was like catching a big ray. When it got to the boat though it fought a little more. Lots of fun, but it's not home, although i am going back down to seward on friday. Fishing's totally diferent and so are the people. But if you ever get the chance come up. If you have the jingle then it'll be a good time no matter what. If not, make sure you talk to some people and get the low down. There's plenty of opportunity you just have to know some spots to get away from the people. Even so there's plenty of fish. Even right here in down town anchorage you can fish. Ship creek is famous for it's king/silver run, but it's like fishing the pier down in galveston. If you ever need a heads up let me know, I've gotten to spend a couple of months up here

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
thank you! i will TRY and remember that offer, we are wanting to go up there. it might not be until jerry retires in 2006, but we both have been wanting to go for a long time. we even looked into getting a group up and getting some group rates, but that hasnt come together yet.....SOMEDAY!

trudy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts