2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old ******
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my lease in Comanche yesterday to setup the feeder and clear the shooting lanes. After getting everything ready I ran the feeder a few times to check it out and then went back to my truck to get the machete. Before I could get the door open I saw movement back at the feeder (about 30 yards away) and to my amazement there were already four deer eating the corn. It is so dry up there this year that the deer are really getting hungry. Luckily my lease has good year-round water but the graze is pretty slim. Deer were everywhere and some looked very good while some probably won't make it to winter unless we get some rain to green things up.

Anyway, I loaded 55 gallons of corn and set the timer for four feedings a day to help them out a little bit. The landowner said he is going to make sure to put out a lot of deer feed when he feeds his cattle also. Doves were everywhere by the thousands.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Awesome...T S....Having a live creek and feeding hard year round saved us this year too. We doubled while the Does were expecting...Not looking at a bonus year...but we saved a lot of em....
Varmit control is our most serious problem...some folks over look it.

A little rain last week greened to place up and it looks good. They need the brouse BAD.
My wife has electric Jeep / Truck mounted feeders and the noise is like a dinner bell....Its fun to watch...and show friends and kiddos.

They make a gadget that sounds like a feeder going off too, its one of her many many toys..LOL

Good Luck and safe hunting to you and yours this year...We hope to see some great Posts

charlie & Robs

·
Firm Member
1,966 Posts
Sponge, if you need some help with those pesky doves, let me know. I have a benelli in the safe that has been banging on the door, waking me up for some time.

Now as for your H2O problems, I'll have to find the site but you can get Government funds to help with engineered tanks fed by wells. The cost to you is pretty small.

Let me know if you can't find the info on the web, I'll look for it. The land owner would have to be the one to initiate it. Look up livestock watering grants and the like. Hope that helps.

Erik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.