2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experince with Humminbird Chartplotter with side imaging feature in saltwater? I have been thinking about purchasing the 997c si nvb. What is your recommendation or should I buy the Garmin 546S?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the 997c si with the navionics chip and love it. The side imaging is fantastic. You can see everything, and not just a shadow, to give you an example, when zoomed, I can even see the crabs in crab traps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh heck yeah

We also have a 997c, and use it to find ling around rigs and locate bait balls in open water. Wait until the bullreds are thick around the jetties, just slowly sidescan the rocks about 150ft out and you can locate nice schools of fish. Don't be a fool, the pictures you see on the internet are real, and what you can see while sidescanning are just as amazing.

If you can, get the 10in screen, save up, fight, pout, scratch, sell one of your guns if you have to. I have the 8in one and that is my only complaint. Oh, be careful where you mount the transducer, placement is cruicial. By the way, it doesn't work on flounder:biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts