2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of town for a while anybody know what the latest is on the skipjack and cats biteing on tenn river around new johnsonville and pickwick and the cumberland.....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Slow

We went Yesterday afternoon, with not much in numbers, but that was made up in size. We caught skipjack behind Pickwick dam, and after a trip to the local doctors office to remove a Sabiki hook from my thumb went to the main lake after blues.

We caught my personal best on skipjack head using jugs. It was a blue that weighed between 60 and 75#. This fish was HUGE!. Of course I probably lost a client due to the fact that as soon as the hook was out and he snapped a photo, it went right back to the water. Oh well,he has heard me say numerous times that I will release any fish that big, if it is not a potential record, can't say he wasn't warned.

After that we managed to bring in 12 blues between 2 and 5# and 5 channels around 3# apiece. Am supposedto go again this evening, so will post either tonight or tomorrow.

i have GOT to go and find a digital camera so I can post some pic (LOL)

Tight lines!

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
60/70lb. Blue...

Dats a goodun,Muddcatt...the client will get over it...or he may not,but,you da man for callin' that shot,podna!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh well

You know, he wasn't that reliable a customer anyway.

I really thought about donating it to the aquarium, but I didn't have anywhere to put it either way. You don't catch one that big every day, but I did feel good seeing that fish swim away. After I caught my breath LOL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you had a good day fishing except the hook set in the finger. Thanks for the info and i bet the guy will be back to fish again cause he will have dreams bout that big blue..lol

·
Registered
550 Posts
honey-doo

I didn't get to make it to the lake Sat OR Sun. Wife talked me into replacing the bathroom floor Sat, and had to work Sun. Talked to a friend on his cell phone, said he was catching channels in shallow water, probably shallow eating bream fry. He said that they were biting like crazy in muddy edges. oh well!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well ll be fishin here soon got me a 2 week vacation and will be fishing Tennesee river at new johnsonville and cumberland city,cheetum dam and when all done ill let yall know . Hopefully the skipjacks are in at cheetum dam.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You went to the doctor for a Sabiki hook ? lol .... A few weeks ago I had to cut a pictail on a the end of a light hook up -- The knife slipped - Cut my finger to the bone -- I was urged to get stitches -- nope -- I am going fishing -- We tied it up the best we could and off we went ... Had to stop fishing a few times due to the bleeding ... On the way home I stopped and got me some Hydrogen Peroxide - That stuff has never hurt before.. I poured some on and it almost instantly brought me to my knees ... Well - No one ever said I was smart -- hehe --- Sure would love to see a picture of that big blue -- You should scan it and post it ...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'll try

If I can find someone with a scanner, I'll post it.

That was the first time I have EVER had to go to the doc with any kind of fishing injury, and after the local anesthetic wore off, I could not even tell it hurt But before, OH GOD did it hurt! And this from someone that carried a 3/4 inch piece of chanel cat fin in the side of my thumb for a year and a half.

Skipjack have been in around Pickwick for about 2 months now, so they should be around Cheatum. If you are going to be down this way, give me a yell and I will try to hook up and show you a couple of spots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts