2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read capt. joe articule in the galveston daily news.He said he fished the outgoing tide at the boat cut [north jetty]and caught fish .W hat he left out was the details of how.What would you use to fish that area for trout.Heavy plastics,slip sinker with bait,popping cork,etc.I 've figured ,if you start out lost your going to stay lost.What works best here would save a lot of time and frustration. Where would postion your boat?.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm by no means a "Boat Cut" expert, but the current through the cut will form an eddy current on one side or the other. I would fish the eddy current where it is the most pronounced. The bait would congregate there. I'm sure there's someone more qualified that me to offer advice. I don't fish it because of the boat traffic.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
Daybreak till you start sweating a shrimp free lined up in the rock area...

sweating time till midday small amounts of weight getting the bait deeper in the water.

Fish are just like you and I when it warms up where do you like to go?? where it is cooler plane and simple they do exactly the same thing deeper water is cooler water as the sun gets higher fish deeper....

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
HEADSHAKER said:
I just read capt. joe articule in the galveston daily news.He said he fished the outgoing tide at the boat cut [north jetty]and caught fish .W hat he left out was the details of how.What would you use to fish that area for trout.Heavy plastics,slip sinker with bait,popping cork,etc.I 've figured ,if you start out lost your going to stay lost.What works best here would save a lot of time and frustration. Where would postion your boat?.
i ran through there that day, it was loaded with bait fish swimming against the current. one boat was anchored just south of the cut on the outside of bolivar roads. casting into the outflowing current. did not see what he was throwing...

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
jtburf said:
Daybreak till you start sweating a shrimp free lined up in the rock area...

sweating time till midday small amounts of weight getting the bait deeper in the water.

John
...this time of year i start sweating at the ramp before the bote even gets off the trailer.:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i wanted to know,position up current drift bait down current ,gulps ,srimp,croakers,shad would all work.I believe theres been a few star tourneyments won that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts