2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a buddy with a Hurricane pontoon boat, w/175 Yamaha and trailer. Boat was purchased new within one year and rarely used. Boat was sitting in boat lift when IKE came and got totally submerged. How would you go about pricing something like this for sale?

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Good Rule of thumb

Take the original cost of the boat....then subtract 30% for the first year, and 10% each year or portion of a year thereafter. Subtract the cost of a NEW engine. Then take 10% off the remaining figure. That's a good place to start.

Remember, if a submerged engine isn't resubmerged in clean water or oil within 48 hours...you can expect it to be a total loss. It may be able to be salvaged, but the cost will come close to a new engine. Really....unless you can do the work yourself.

·
Registered
738 Posts
It I am not mistaken, Hurricane boats are deck boats. Hence it is made of fiberglass and they are foamed filled. If it sank it isnt worth a thing, if was swamped that is a little different as it implies the foam flotation was doing its job. Depending on which it was, I would say he is better off parting it out, controls seats whatever is left in decent shape and selling them on Ebay, junk the boat and sell the trailer. I would look up the price of the trailer and say that is about it. If it sank.

·
PETA & LIBS let Obama eat dogs.
4,471 Posts
BOSA

USAA said they use BOSA as its measure for value-my Monark 171CC (TX 1355 DV) is missing and haven't found it yet. I also have receipts for repairs (about $3k) from February and they said that would make a difference in coming up with nthe price/value. They aren't using NADA used boat prices. Hope this helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts