2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rockport Operator
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 22' Transport with 6" jack plate, tilt and trim 150 yam 2 stroke....I know that a hole shot is getting up in shallow water but how do you do it properly? Also any shallow water running tips??? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
When shallow: lift the plate (jack plate/lift plate) all the way up and tilt the motor all the way down. Hammer down and when on plane trim the motor up and back off the throttle. Some boats can run well with the lift plate remaining all the way up, but you will probably want to lower the plate back down some to assure proper cooling. If your boat wont planne with the plate all the way up, then lower it some. When deeper: same story but start with the lift plate down more.

Thats how I do it with my Shallow Sport, of course each boat is different and will plane different. My boat runs best with the lift plate about 1/2 - 3/4 up. My advice is simply to experiment and get comfortable with what works best for your boat, because many people will give different opinions. You might also want to contact Transport and ask their opinion.

VERY IMPORTANT: ALWAYS WEAR YOUR KILL SWITCH LANYARD! Also, if your boat wont get up easily, push it to deeper water instead of tearing up the seagrass and the bay bottom ecosystem!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I turn the wheel to the left, takeoff turning, halfway thru the circle turn it fast back to the right & your on top real quick.

·
Just plain old bowfisherman
669 Posts
Don't get confused, but most people refer to the "hole shot" as the time it takes to get from dead still to up on plane. Not really nothing to do with how shallow you are. But that would sure slow down your hole shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts