2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the most effective way of mounting a 50lb Everlast Feeder to a Mule without spending $300+ at the Accessory store. I've got a 1" receiver, but it's under the bed and I would need a hitch that sticks off the back about 18 inches before bending up 6-12 inches so as not to drag on the ground.

Does anyone have a good method of mounting one on the rear bed, or somehow mounting one up on the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
That looks like a pretty easy build for someone with a welder and some pieces of cheap scrap metal. If you are in or around College Station, I would be willing to stick a few pieces of metal together for you. Send me a pm if interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Houston but I appreciate the offer. The links above look good for me, though I thought I had a 1" receiver. Is it likely that I really have a 1 1/4 inch receiver and just don't realize it?

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I have an office job and am the least handy person on the planet. I can't do anything for myself when it comes to equipment.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,024 Posts
they make a bracket to go into a receiver hitch for $50 but its for a 2 incher....but you can always add the adapter for a few bucks. The problem you might have after you install it is that it might want to fall away from the mule and bounce around alot. im in the process of making another bracket to attach mine to my four wheeler a lil better (in addition to the everlast bracket). I didnt think 50lbs would make as big of a difference as it does. gl

·
Registered
745 Posts
Make sure you make it long enough so the tailgate will still drop. I used some scrap 2" my FIL had laying around took about 30 minutes. Then painted with wal-marts rattle can bed liner

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I got an adapter from 1-2 [ they come in different lengths] at the trailer store for about $18....the feeder fits into the adapter....I ran a ratchet strap around the feeder , from the bed to keep it from shaking...works fine. I had the trailer place also mount a 2 in receiver on the front for my basket...this keeps the dust and mud and such from being thrown up on any animals we are lucky enough to harvest.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
I took a piece of 1/4 inch metal about 2 inches wide and about 10 inches long. I bent it iover the top of the tailgate like a U. I welded the square tubing like a regular hitch to it and put rubber inside the "U" so it wouild not scratch the tailgate. Set the feeder in it and off we went. It has worked for years.. Very easy and simple

Charlie

·
Master of Boats
1,432 Posts
My BIL and I both have Mules, he has a feeder mounted on the front of his rather than the back. It was much easier to mount there and connect the wiring to the battery and put a switch by the e-brake. He used the reciever hitch in the front, bought a cheap wally world hitch, bolted the bracket to the hitch and away it went.

MM

·
Registered
857 Posts
i bought this adapter for my mule, i also have an adapter for my 4wheeler, Lamco builds the adapter, the mule is 1 1/4, the one for 4wheeler is 2". works very well raises it up keeps it clear from the ground, was not very expensive.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts