2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to SLP wed and thurs and going to take my boat and try new places. I launched one time there in a flatbottom, but I will be in a bigger boat and all I know is one should stay on the Galv side of the channel to get out to the gulf. I was thinking about getting out offshore maybe a mile or two infront of the pass and trying for shark and reds or whatever. Some big jacks would be really nice. I have never fished this area before from a boat. What would you suggest?

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you are launching at the campgrounds, stay very close to the houses on the left on the way out. You can usually catch a bunch of mullet on the point as you turn to go out into the bay. One of the funnest ways to catch sharks out there is to put a large mullet under one of those large float. You can watch the shark circle and attack. It is pretty cool to watch them nail the mullet on top.

Mark

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
There's a cut through the sandbar that runs parallel to the beach across the pass past the bridge on the gulf side. It is over toward the Gal. side and can be seen pretty easily if there's surf. It won't be breaking in the cut. It's currently wider than it has been in the past. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts