2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure they have been reelin since coming back to Texas. Just want to contact her to see if they need anything. I think her husband is about the same size I am (except for waistline).

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
I talked to Thomas today and yesterday. He got a generator and some wood today and has quite a bit to clean up around the house. I'll let him know you asked. I will be back in BV in the morning. PM me your phone number and I'll pass it on to him if you want.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I've left several messages with Thomas, but haven't heard back from him. Understandable, since he's probably a little busy AND cell service sucks right now. If you see him tomorrow, tell him I'm coming down on Sunday and would like to help with his house. If he has any specific needs, let me know and I'll get the tools, materials, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
talked to thomas last nite. got most things cleaned up already. his work has been generous w/ putting them up in an appartment. they are fine. give him time, i'm sure he'll get back w/ you. he's very tired.
michelle

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Hey Tombo! Thanks so much for thinking about us! We are fine as Reel love said but I will PM you my phone number. We did get hit hard. Not as hard as many on here but we lost walls and contents of our lower level. Mostly its the cleanup that sucks. Debris, grass, cow poop (?), clothes, CDs, movies, books, tons of wood, nails, glass, sheetrock, whole walls, coolers, fishing rods, tools, windows, doors, statues, boxes, tupperware, gas cans, oil bottles, etc.....all floating up everywhere. Some wedged into the walls, some in trees.

All of Bayou Vista is in the same fix although some sustained house condemning damage. No power, no water, no sewer and they will be off for some time to come. All the houses have broken lines and the BV pumps were under water. We did get our boat out and our cats out and my car out before the storm for which we are very thankful! Clint Sholmire came and got my car and Thomas' brother came and got the boats/cats....we were in south florida and helpless. The neighbor put numerous large things upstairs like the lawnmower, trolling motor, etc. Many many hours spent on the phone.

Its a big ol mess but we still have a house for which we are very thankful. I have probably 500 pictures but cant get them downloaded here at the hotel. As Reel Love said, BP has been very generous and will pay for this hotel for a week or so and then for a small furnished apartment for us. They want their operators safe and able to return to work, lol. I am having a bit of insomnia tonight but thats understandable as I think we went to bed at 8pm since we were both exhausted.

Cell service seems to be fine now at the house, it was terrible for a while and we missed so many calls. Txadam call back! We never got your messages. Sorry to those that tried to call and couldnt. Both Thomas and my numbers are operational for the most part.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May sound kinda corny, but the nation is going to find out what being a Texan is all about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts