2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
You have to go buy the video, "Don't shoot young big bucks" # 1 & # 2 I think you would really like to see how this guy judges and scores deer. If you haven't seen it, it makes for a great deer camp watch. Your buck looks 4 to me. Great deer!

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blah Blah Blah..........let me see him one time
That's what all the neighbors of this low fence ranch are saying. That's why I said "if he lives 2 More years."

personally I'd like to see him spread his genes for a couple more years and see what is looks like in 2011, but on this place you may never see him again period.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The sway back on #1 makes me wonder about the 3.5.

As above poster said...#2 looks ripe for the picking.

Based on the pinned back ears of #2...that **** may be the first of those three pictured animals to pass on. :biggrin:

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the only other one we have of him, plus one of another buck that is definitely mature, but doesn't have the head gear that the big boy has.

Anyone care to guess the age on buck #3?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
That last buck is post mature. 7+. And your big boy is definitely either 3.5 or 4.5 from that angle.

·
Fair chase fisherman!
863 Posts
#1 is no 3.5 atleast 4.5 prob a 5.5 notice the roman nose loose skin fold under the jaw line and the sway back. If high fenced I would give him another year maybe 2 but there is no shame in taking him on a low fenced ranch this year. 2 and 3 are shooters for sure both apear to be post mature bucks 6.5 to 7.5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts