2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far this morning We have had 4 inches in the last 2 hours. And It's still raining!!!
I feel sorry for the ones that got flooded in Houston. I took the day off. There is no way I was getting stuck in that stuff.
What's it like where your at 2Cool?

thanks for the info,

sandy

·
Registered
117 Posts
rain

sandybottom said:
So far this morning We have had 4 inches in the last 2 hours. And It's still raining!!!
I feel sorry for the ones that got flooded in Houston. I took the day off. There is no way I was getting stuck in that stuff.
What's it like where your at 2Cool?

thanks for the info,

sandy
6" in Laporte

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Mont Belvieu

We had at least 5" last night. Guage was full so I dont know where we went after that. It all out flooded early this am but has just sprinkled since daylight. Should shuffle the bay pretty good, cooled it down as well. Im sorry for the damage it has caused but the bays needed it something fierce. Looks as if SE side of town got hit the worst.

Flood control district is catching you know what on TV as some of the same areas flooded as Allison. Dont some folks realize if you cover everything up with concrete your gonna have problems. We had well over 5" in the last two days and I barely have water in my ditch, yet we dont have much concrete out here either. hmmmmm.

Zac

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Not exactly sure how much we got but Flood Controls work failed big time in my neighborhood. They did a bunch of work after Allison and we barely had water over the curb then. This morning I was stuck at home for a couple of hours because water went all the way to the Sidewalks this time.

FN

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Since 6 AM this morning here on Bolivar we have had 6.06 inches.

Zac here it all runs off into that big lake behind us called Galveston bay.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
location of flooding

Where was this, Zac? Its coming down here again. Its just pouring buckets in Hitchcock. Still no water in my home but the ditches are starting to fill up.

Fishnut said:
Not exactly sure how much we got but Flood Controls work failed big time in my neighborhood. They did a bunch of work after Allison and we barely had water over the curb then. This morning I was stuck at home for a couple of hours because water went all the way to the Sidewalks this time.

FN

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
sandybottom said:
Heard Shell has a leak in Deer Park. Don't breathe the air.
Yep. Just heard on the radio that it's a benzene leak. Apparently has traffic stopped on 225. Water across the road also has traffic stopped elsewhere on 225.

I don't know how much rain we've had here in the Clear Lake area, but I know it's been a lot.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
only about 2-3" here in texas city, but it's been drizzling heavily for about 4 hours, now, mixed with heavy rain showers.

there's a low pressure system spinning up around liberty county. if it doesn't move out, we may get a lot more.

benzene is not good for you.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Left the Wdls at 630 this am, down the hardy, 59 south to westpark tollway to Bwy 8 up to Richmond, arrived at 730 am. Left there at 8 am, same route, back, in the Wdls at 9. I made the same time I make on any other day in rush hour, all the amateurs stayed home this morning, thank god. It's been dry up here for a few hours, I'm goin' fishin.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
We haven't had but a few inches here in the Freeport area, but right now it's coming down by the BUCKETS!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm inside the N W corner of the 610 loop and this morning alone we got 6 1/2 in.
White Oak Bayou was purty dern full.

All the Best .

Dr. Krol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts