2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just wonderd how much protein others have gone through this year? as well as how long their feeders last before having to be filled again? I have 5 - 2000 pound feeders and as of last week have gone through 31,000 pounds of feed. Right now I am having to fill my feeders every 3 to 3 1/2 weeks. Need some rain in the worst way!!

·
Hunting Machine!
5,832 Posts
60 tons--3 feedings--last 1 week-2 at the most! MUCHO but we had no rain.--the horns are good also from the photos I have been taking--5-6" bases and good beam past the ears @ G2s--so far so good!--plus blocks every where!--1 week for the blocks--eat it like candy!--no lickin' more like bite'n!

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Swampus said:
60 tons--3 feedings--last 1 week-2 at the most! MUCHO but we had no rain.--the horns are good also from the photos I have been taking--5-6" bases and good beam past the ears @ G2s--so far so good!--plus blocks every where!--1 week for the blocks--eat it like candy!--no lickin' more like bite'n!
120,000 pounds of feed and it's still June???

What kind of protein are you feeding? Even at $7 per 50# bag, that's $16,000+ just for protein.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
texas-hunter said:
I Just wonderd how much protein others have gone through this year? as well as how long their feeders last before having to be filled again? I have 5 - 2000 pound feeders and as of last week have gone through 31,000 pounds of feed. Right now I am having to fill my feeders every 3 to 3 1/2 weeks. Need some rain in the worst way!!
What size property are you feeding? WHat area?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
22,000 on 300 acres....combo of Corn, soy bean, peas, and cotton seed.....
Spin feeders...every month....
Free feeders.....weekly..
Road feed .....often....
We have a live creek....
Praying for rain.....

·
Hunting Machine!
5,832 Posts
1 20 ton truck--20%--20 feeders free choice--some are 1 ton and most 2ton--4800 acres=eat'um up fast--not to count the corn-blackeye peas(20%) 50/50 mix in the feeders @ 5sec. 2 times a day=$mucho dolor! This past small rain will help some!

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Swampus said:
1 20 ton truck--20%--20 feeders free choice--some are 1 ton and most 2ton--4800 acres=eat'um up fast--not to count the corn-blackeye peas(20%) 50/50 mix in the feeders @ 5sec. 2 times a day=$mucho dolor! This past small rain will help some!
We have a smaller tract of land and it's not dense with deer. 2nd year feeding with free feed / spinners.

Spinners = Soy/Corn

Free Choice = 2/3 protein (17 or 18%) and 1/3 soy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts