2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been buying my bait from Deep Sea Headquarters right by the launch in Port A. Prices are as follows below; is there somewhere else on the way there or other that might be cheaper. Just wonderin' SM :)

5 lbs. Sardines $12.00
5 lbs. Squid $12.00
5 lbs. Cigar Min. $12.00

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
fishermans warf is cheaper. I usually by bulk twice a year and freeze bait like that in my freezer at home. I get it from a friend that buys it for me in port isabel at kingfish foods or something like that.25lbs for $25

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Surfmeister

Thats high for bait in Galveston it about $8.00 for sardines and squid and I think $10.00 for Ice fish. Like someone says buy it in bulk about 10 or 20 to a case and its much cheaper.

·
Registered
654 Posts
bait at Port A outfitters is cheaper than that, I believe that sardines are $7.00 for 5lb. the same for squid and cigar minnows are a little more. Ribbons are $6.00 per dozen

Andy

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Hey Galveston guys, take a ferry ride over to Bolivar and go to Milts Seafood, Sardines 85cents lb and they have white squid @ 3.39 per 5lb box and these squid are tougher. I think these prices are for 1 or 50 lbs. I bought 40lbs of squid n 50lbs of Sardines n the total cost was 72.00 mite find cheaper but its rite down the rd for me WW

·
Registered
654 Posts
bluecat said:
where is port a outfitters??
It is located right in front of woody's and Trout street. Go by a see them
Tom and Mary have a very good selection of baits and tackle. everything is
reasonably priced.

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts