2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I have plenty at the lease, I am just trying to help make ends meet, but finding out what others are selling theres for and selling extra that I have. I guess I should have said that earlier.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
I dont have a fireplace . I also cannot imagine buying firewood antime soon.

There is enough legitimate firewood on the curbs in galveston County to stock the state of Colorado for the winter it seems. Somebody just has to do a little work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats kinda what I figured, but some people are to busy to go around and pick up firewood. Especially if somebody was going to bring it to your house and stack it for you for a cheap price. Heck I would pay somebody to do that.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Good luck buying a half or full cord. All the folks I have bought from over the last twenty years think cross stacking 14" long sticks in a 4 ft high 8 ft long stack is half a cord. They seem insulted when you tell them you are not getting what you paid for.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
tec said:
Good luck buying a half or full cord. All the folks I have bought from over the last twenty years think cross stacking 14" long sticks in a 4 ft high 8 ft long stack is half a cord. They seem insulted when you tell them you are not getting what you paid for.
most will cut to that length because people dont want 24'' sticks for there fire place, but you are right, thats not even a Rick , it has to be 4' x 8' x 16'' to be a Rick.

i have a friend who used to sell a lot of fire wood, and always sold it by the Rick, but he was priced accordingly and was upfront about the shorter pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts