2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a Corky?

I have seen a few posted on TTMB and Ebay that are getting $10.00 or more per lure.

Someone down south has put 300 of them on consignment for sale at Roy's on SPID....

Asking Price...13.99 Each.....Holy Shizzle Batman.

·
Certified Hardhead Hater
72 Posts
why are people price gouging corkies, since when did they become hard to come by??? they have them at all your little mom and pop spots around the houston area and i also think the Gander Mtn. in Sugarland has them for sure unless things have changed in the last 2 weeks since i was there ..Well i guess the answer to your question is " no more than retail for me " (like 5 or 6.99)

·
Banned
535 Posts
So how soon after we see mass production/distribution of Corkies are they going to be abandoned by the Fishionistas because they "just aren't as good anymore" (even though they will likely be exactly the same/better) ??

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am pretty sure you are thinking of a different lure mrseang. Not sure what lure that may be, but I do know for sure its not a Corky.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
8'99 fro jon bait in eagle lake with 6 dollars ship for as many as u want.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
8'99 fro jon bait in eagle lake with 6 dollars ship for as many as u want.
you talking about Johnny's? I didn't see any last week over there.:help: I just want devils though..:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
It appears that lure companies are following the Shimano model, always raise the price with a new model year. The new Heddon Spook one knocker lures are almost $10. at FTU.
Strike Pro is outa my lure buying comfort zone for sure........:D

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
It appears that lure companies are following the Shimano model, always raise the price with a new model year. The new Heddon Spook one knocker lures are almost $10. at FTU.
Strike Pro is outa my lure buying comfort zone for sure........:D
I agree... the price of all hard baits is way up... I was just at academy and the tops are getting real spendy.

I'll pay whatever paul sells them for with in reason...$6-$8.

·
Microskiff Mafia
1,848 Posts
on ebay people are paying over 10 a piece not including shipping for corkies. Looks I'm making the trip to see Mr. Brown before the year ends

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
why are people price gouging corkies, since when did they become hard to come by??? they have them at all your little mom and pop spots around the houston area and i also think the Gander Mtn. in Sugarland has them for sure unless things have changed in the last 2 weeks since i was there ..Well i guess the answer to your question is " no more than retail for me " (like 5 or 6.99)
The ones in the stores you see now are knock-offs. Tsunami makes one (which is a decent bait) & so does Storm (a real POS). Paul will still be selling them out of his house through Christmas. All baits are $6, even the super devils. Paul showed me a fat boy made down there in Costa Rica & you cannot tell the difference. Mirrolure will have a full line of corkys, corky devils, & fat boys coming out after the beginning of the year & they are expected to retail for about $5. The super devils ware supposed to come out at the end of next year. Gald I'm stocked up...I wouldn't sell my pink super devils I have stockpiled for $20...

·
Registered
401 Posts
For a Corky?
Depends, some days some of my other lures work better. But there has been times when I would give you 50 bucks if I was out and needed one while on the water. Never paid more than 6 for one.

I have enough to last me until mirrolure starts shipping them out. Hopefully custom made texas lures keep heading east after that also. :walkingsm

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
I'll just buy the ones made by Mirrolure. I have never bought a bad lure from them and I don't expect them to downgrade the Corky. The best thing about buying the Corkies from Paul was going to his house and seeing all of the old pictures.

·
Banned
101 Posts
You guys must be rich! Ten dollars a plug? Time to switch to fly fishing! I do still have an old Hump lure from the '70's - it was so expensive to me back then that I treated it like gold. What does a Corky look like?

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
The Heddon was $6.99. Some other hard bait was $9.99......

·
10% Discount Promo Code "2cool10"
109 Posts
I think the Corkys will still be built the same. Paul told me himself they are using his methods and he is contracted to help build the first batches. Mirolure is supposed to have them out by March 2010. Hold on to your stock until then - I have 100 I bought from Paul just before the announcement was made. Personally, I would pay a good price for these as in the winter time and looking for that slower retrieve the Corky is deadly.

I have already told my mirolure rep to have these available for me by March or I be buying them from another distributor.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i only want to pay it for 5 bucks usually what mr.brown sells for..not 13 bucks..too much or ill get something else..not worth it in my opinion..they shouldnt price gouge the corkies.

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
For a Corky?

I have seen a few posted on TTMB and Ebay that are getting $10.00 or more per lure.

Someone down south has put 300 of them on consignment for sale at Roy's on SPID....

Asking Price...13.99 Each.....Holy Shizzle Batman.
when are you going to sell me some? I'll come visit you.

·
All work n no play
2,384 Posts
I went the other day and paid 6 per at Pauls house-- would have bought more, but wife robbed me for the maid and didn't say anything.Only had 52 bucks in there-- Dang it! I hate when that happens

1 - 20 of 22 Posts