• have lease now but might want to upgrade

Votes: 45 18.4%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With amount of people looking for leases ...I thought I would post a poll

I have been looking for about 3 months now with no luck....but it is still early....

BTW..I found a guy who has a lease in San Saba.....but will not allow guest the first two weeks and I think that is BS......Pm for the number if you want it...sounded like a nice lease.....$2046 A GUN + $56 for insurance

I am curious who all is looking

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am looking and love that area. I am in Cypress but am looking for something in the hill country. To be honest, $2100 is a little high for my tastes. I am all for getting on a place that would require some work on the place as well as being mgmt minded. $1700 is my ceiling and I know in this day and age that could be low.

I also know that there may be more openings after Feb 1, so patience is the game right now, but if something does come up I am all ears.

If you are looking for a place and need a guy or two let me know as a buddy and I are looking.

·
Gone Phishing
6,976 Posts
I'm looking as well. About $1700 is my ceiling depending on the amenities and animals offered. I'd love something that allows non-hunting or hunting guest privileges. My fiance loves to go with me but she doesn't hunt, just sits with me. I also have some friends that are looking so I may be able to fill 1-4 spots including me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Four of us are looking. Place we are on raised the price and lowered the harvest and rasied so many "new" rules that everyone is getting off. 1600 - 1700 is our limit too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm looking as well, but may end up getting one in Pike / Adams / Brown County, ILL in addition to the TX lease. If that is the case, I will have to find a screaming deal on the one in TX. I know this sounds impossible, but I have leads on few right now. One around Lockhart and one around Llano...

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I am currently on a small 60 acre lease with a couple of guys and I would like to upgrade to something with better quality animals and more acreage.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
BTW..I found a guy who has a lease in San Saba.....but will not allow guest the first two weeks and I think that is BS......Pm for the number if you want it...sounded like a nice lease.....$2046 A GUN + $56 for insurance

I think that's pretty common. I'm on 2 leases ( one in Ranger one in Saba) and that rule stands at both places. Seems fair to me. Let those paying have first shot - particularly opening weekend and the weekend after.

To each his own.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I'm not on one now but am looking. I'm not looking for monster bucks or anything, just a few doe every year and maybe a small buck or two...

·
Banned
726 Posts
I'm in...

But I can barely afford the processing fees these days! But if it is a lease with fellow 2coolers, count me in.

Bill, check out the Austin Processing thread.

BB

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am with Zen our lease in Archer county is the same, I like it that way hell sometime I wish I could pay for all the slots and just bring who I want when I want. I guess that's called ownership....

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer

I think that's pretty common. I'm on 2 leases ( one in Ranger one in Saba) and that rule stands at both places. Seems fair to me. Let those paying have first shot - particularly opening weekend and the weekend after.

To each his own.
End Quote

I'm with Zen. It helps keep crowds down, as opening weekend most people try to hunt. We used to have the rule no family until Thanksgiving. We now allow everyone up, just no guests until Thanksgiving. Family always welcome. No opening on my lease, pretty good waiting list.
Good luck to everyone looking. In today's economy, you may be able to find some deals.
BB

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
But I can barely afford the processing fees these days! But if it is a lease with fellow 2coolers, count me in.

Bill, check out the Austin Processing thread.

BB
Yep, got it.. That sure was some great sausage and we very much appreciated it amigo!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Im looking as well. me and my best friend hope to find something! I could got from 2000-2500 depending on location / cabin/ elec-water ect... of course id rather spend about 1200-1500, but not too many left at that price.

The bad thing, is most people that advertise online, do it for a reason. They know they can get premium money.
We hope to make a weekend run and hit feed stores and what not to see what we can find.

My boss hunts in llano and sent out letters to surrounding land owners trying to get another pasture. Ive got a spot if it goes through.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I am looking as well, something with a great management plan in place and NO BS. My cap is about $3500-4000. Let me know if you guys know or see anything

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I am always looking for a new lease. The one that I am on now, the owner shoots animals off of our feeders and put a hog trap 100 yards from one of our duck blinds and checks the stupid thing 3 times a day.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I'm looking. Been looking... But need something close to Brazos county for a few more years. My son loves to hunt and fish and outdoors. But he playes competive soccer from August through mid-December. It just isn't cost effective to travel to a place 2 - 4 hours away for just a one day hunt... Anybody got anything close, I'd appreciate it.

·
SPECKSICUTIONER
186 Posts
I just want a place to go. There doesn't even have to be deer there. I'd like something year round, where I can take the kids, and we can have a fire, shoot .22's, ride the 4-wheeler, etc. All of the things I did as a kid on my dad's lease in Speaks TX. Being able to shoot a deer or a few hogs would just be a plus.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm DEFINITELY looking REALLY HARD. I have a post on here as well but haven't had any luck. I'm looking for something in the Hill Country preferrably but am up for about anything. I would like to stay between $1200-$1700 but depending on ammenities and animals I may spend more. I have no problem with the first 2 weeks being off limits for guest but I would like guest priviledges so I could bring my father or fiance' from time to time. I would be driving around 5-6 hours so I need a place with a cabin or a place I could put a travel trailer. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED and if anyone can find a place to fill with 2 cool members or just good guys then let me know cause I'm all in.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts