2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has made me into a sale guy.....not shopping or anything like that ....that may be the very reason I am a sale guy.....
I was in the shower last night and there was a new bottle of conditioner....so I used it and really did not like the smell or the results....so I asked my wife what happened to the other bottle.....she says that she took it to the camper for this weekend......well where did this bottle come from ....." Oh it was on sale"
So this got me to thinking about how many times she tells me this....
Small wash rags....on sale
deoderant.......on sale
toothpaste....on sale
hand soap......on sale
shampoo......on sale
towels..........on sale

I guess you get the picture.......Everything in my bathroom changes with the sales at where ever she buys from....there is nothing that I can say that will alter what shows up next when one goes down......I can even say that enjoyed a particular product and get the response of "It was not on sale".......Or "I got this one so much cheaper"
I guess I am not complaining but thought it was funny how my bathroom changes with the sales at the local market.....
You men in the room ever notice stuff like that

TS

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i've always contended that if you buy something that you don't normally buy just because it's on sale, you're not really saving money, you're just spending money.

try to get that logic through a woman's head, though.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
We pretty much stick with the brands that we like.

What bugs me is when Mrs Soap says her recent purchase was only $9.00... What I've learned is that when she says that it really was $9.99.

No darling, it wasn't only $9.00, it was $10.00... and that $1.00 does make a difference in the bank account balance...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Trout,
You should try that with fishing and hunting stuff. When she catches you with a new fishing pole or gun just say its ok it was on sale.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i've always contended that if you buy something that you don't normally buy just because it's on sale, you're not really saving money, you're just spending money.

my wife and I have had this discussion many times......

·
Registered
270 Posts
I never show my wife something I bought that wasn't on sale.
(If you know what I mean....)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Am I the only woman in the world that could give a rats *ss about a sale? I'm all about buying good quality merchandise (sale or not), whether it be a rod and reel or a $12 bar of soap (which was really $12.99!)

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
my wife is ate the beep up with that "well hunny it was on sale... i saved so and so"

yea.... so... and you spent so and so as well..... when you didn't Need to!

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I buy what I want or need if its on sale well good if not oh well
yup. me too.

my wife is ate the beep up with that "well hunny it was on sale... i saved so and so"

yea.... so... and you spent so and so as well..... when you didn't Need to!
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item because he needs it. A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item because it is on sale.

·
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife is very thrifty....she does not buy things we dont need just because they were on sale.....but if she buys a product that I like.....when it comes time to replace it....if she can buy something of simaliar value on sale.....well that is what comes home....dont get me wrong.....I am not that picky when it comes to soap or deoderant......it just that if I were ....i guess I would have to throw a hissy fit to get my way.......
She is a good wife...she just makes me laugh sometimes

·
Registered
761 Posts

WOW, this is the same exact thing i try to tell my girlfriend. She goes clothes shopping just because that store is having a great sale and she has a discount coupon. I still dont think she understands the concept so i have almost just givin up on it. Thanks for listening cause she doesnt! :headknock

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I always remember that old coffee commercial where the guy can't stand the taste of the "sale" coffee and he says to the wife "So I have to drink 45 cups of this to save 10 cents?" (No guarantee on the number of cups - memory isn't quite that good).
Don't have to worry about that with my wife - she has her brands and is sticking to them.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Am I the only woman in the world that could give a rats *ss about a sale? I'm all about buying good quality merchandise (sale or not), whether it be a rod and reel or a $12 bar of soap (which was really $12.99!)
No, men just like to moan and complain. They gripe whether we spend $150 on hair highlights ($150?!? on hair?!?) or we get a $12 haircut (did she cut it with a weedeater?) That's the reason I have my own checking acct and crappieman has his. He doesn't like the q-tips I buy, so he buys his own. He has a "specific" deodorant that he likes... he buys it. I rarely buy the same thing twice... shampoo, deodorant, soap... I like variety. :D never known him to change brands on any of that stuff except when they discontinued his deodorant.

That said, I'm currently on a quest to find a makeup that I'm not allergic to... and I don't care what it costs and I promise I'll never change... if I can just find it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I guess we should be glad we have some place to clean up. But I am with you guys,lets keep buying what we like and what we like to use. A sale on bath soap will not buy a spinner bait skirt.

·
10,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
txgoddess.....I see that you have become a little more evil since I last saw you.......
What pray-tell have you been doing to the crappieman

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
txgoddess.....I see that you have become a little more evil since I last saw you.......
What pray-tell have you been doing to the crappieman
He's safe. I just refuse to use Irish Spring soap, Head & Shoulders shampoo, and generic q-tips. :D

I learned my lesson long ago... I think I still have 2 or 3 things of deodorant that he refuses to use. Right brand, wrong scent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No, men just like to moan and complain. They gripe whether we spend $150 on hair highlights ($150?!? on hair?!?) or we get a $12 haircut (did she cut it with a weedeater?) That's the reason I have my own checking acct and crappieman has his. He doesn't like the q-tips I buy, so he buys his own. He has a "specific" deodorant that he likes... he buys it. I rarely buy the same thing twice... shampoo, deodorant, soap... I like variety. :D never known him to change brands on any of that stuff except when they discontinued his deodorant.

That said, I'm currently on a quest to find a makeup that I'm not allergic to... and I don't care what it costs and I promise I'll never change... if I can just find it.
Yes indeed ... moaners and complainers. My honey reaps all the benefits of my expensive toiletries - you ask him and he'll probably lie - but the truth is, he secretly loves that $10 soap. We've only been married a few months and haven't braved the joint account yet. I've always thought it would just give us something to fight about, but I'm newly married and my opinion might change with time.

So about this make-up thing - what have you tried? I'm in the same boat with sensitive skin. If you'd like some suggestions, PM me so noone will know how much it costs!

Cheers :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts