·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
3 trout so far out of 5, 9 to 12 hour trips . I just need to make my way south!! 9 times out of 10 I end up with a limit of good trout down south. (Waiting for summer school to be over).

It is hard for me to even catch a trout in Galveston Bay!

When I go down south (anywhere) I just put my finger in the water using the same fishing techniques and catch fish.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Zero.........,but the last trip to E.Matty sure provided alot of trout action in the 12 to 14 3/4 inch bracket,even caught one that was about 6 inches,he probably didn't make it for 5 minutes and he was crab food.

dick

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
where are you all fishing? 80% of our trips have produced limits. this has been an excellent year in east,trinity and galveston bay!

·
Pirogue man
61 Posts
Not a single fish in 2006!!! I haven't been on the water yet this year. Just too darned busy at work and at home and with the grandkids. Normally, I'm out a couple of times a month and can usually bring home a few specks. I will limit out a couple of times each year.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
jabx1962 said:
State Limit?..or personal limit?
;)

I frequently catch a limit ... all I need is 2 for dinner.

·
Banned
214 Posts
My wife and I, between us both, nite fishing and day fishing............at least ten keepers with the last 7 trips. One nite we brought home 20 that went from 17 to 23 inches. Been landing LOTS of slightly undersized. Just a few reds also.

·
Chris
96 Posts
I caught my first limit this year, two weeks ago in Trinity Bay we were fishing with a guide. The boat had a three man limit in just a few hours

·
Surf-fishin Grandpa
428 Posts
Caught some keepers this year but no limits. Had some fun, want to fish more but happy to catch what I can when I can.Capt. David, I congradulate you on your success and best wishes for the future. I think that some us are not up to your level on account of availability rather on routine and or chance.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I'm 0 for -- on limits. I usually get 2 or 3 keepers per trip.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
0 limits but did catch my personal best a few weeks ago, 25 inches 6 lbs even...I need to get the pictures developed so I can post them.

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
80% of my trips.....BUT, My Dad and I just usually don't keep the whole limit. Say if we catch 15 or 20, we'll only keep 6-10. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the fish in Trinity Bay seem to be larger in recent years.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts