2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

How many BBQ pits should a person have....

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 32 24.1%

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • You can never have too many

Votes: 74 55.6%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally have 5 that I have collected.... two smokers of various size, one gas grill, two smaller hamburger and steak burners.....Let me know if this is excessive (My wife thinks so) :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
giving the benefit of the doubt that "bbq pits" in this case is supposed to generically refer to both smokers and grills, I voted for 2, but w/ the caveat that each person needs 2 per home, one smoker and one gas grill

have the space to grill off of wood/charcoal on my fire box, so 3 cooking methods available

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have one charcoal grill, one backyard smoker, one trailer mounted capable of about 8 briskets, and one trailer mounted complete with kitchen with refridgerator, stove, microwave, and coffee pot. I cook the best on my backyard smoker. I use live oak, pecan and mesqite when I can get it.
It is nice to have an air conditioned kitchen when you go to a BBQ cook-off. Having AC and running water is almost as good as being home.
Pat

·
Banned
26,286 Posts
I only need two to cook everything. I have my big pit for briskets, ribs, & when cooking alot of meat. I also have the big Old Smokey that gets utilized 90% of the time. GAS ??? How can that be considered a pit. You should stay inside & cook with the ladies. Gas...LOL...this is a man site...sad3sm

·
Fishmoore & Doolittle, Retirement Clubs
2,741 Posts
Can't Have Enough!

As long as I keep creating the meals folks like to eat I wont get any complaints about the number of grills & smokers I have.

My outdoor kitchen appliances include:
Offset Steel Stick Burner
Weber Smokey Mountain
22" Weber Kettle Grill
12" Weber Kettle Grill
12" Lodge Camp Dutch Oven
10" Lodge Camp Dutch Oven
4" Lodge Melting Pot
Handmade Steel Dutch Oven Table
2 Burner Coleman White Gas Stove
Chuck Box Stocked with utensils, cleaning supplys and basic seasonings
*NO propane or propane accessories
I have plans to build an outdoor cook shack (not kitchen!) one of these days.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
As long as I keep creating the meals folks like to eat I wont get any complaints about the number of grills & smokers I have.

My outdoor kitchen appliances include:
Offset Steel Stick Burner
Weber Smokey Mountain
22" Weber Kettle Grill
12" Weber Kettle Grill
12" Lodge Camp Dutch Oven
10" Lodge Camp Dutch Oven
4" Lodge Melting Pot
Handmade Steel Dutch Oven Table
2 Burner Coleman White Gas Stove
Chuck Box Stocked with utensils, cleaning supplys and basic seasonings
*NO propane or propane accessories
I have plans to build an outdoor cook shack (not kitchen!) one of these days.
please share recipe for the camp beans pictured.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha the gas grill is for quick stuff when I don't have time to burn the charcoal/wood and don't want to clean up after. It was included because it stands out as a place to char meat in my backyard.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've got four, 1 - offset smoker, 2 - charcoal grills and 1 - gas grill. My wife says that's too many but I've actually had all 3 grills going at one time for cooking lunch for her bunch at work. LOL ......

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
I only need two to cook everything. I have my big pit for briskets, ribs, & when cooking alot of meat. I also have the big Old Smokey that gets utilized 90% of the time. GAS ??? How can that be considered a pit. You should stay inside & cook with the ladies. Gas...LOL...this is a man site...sad3sm
I am with ya on the gas grill stuff, but when its rainin, or late "school night" and I don't have time to smoke it up, I go to the gas. Sorry to offend ya! lol

Old Smokey is like a gas grill. Faster and easy! Reminds me of an old girlfriend....sad3sm

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
I was just laughing at the four I have two days ago.. it's to many.. my patio is out of room.

x4 on the beans!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts