2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some help on useing the SOLO and Corky Lures? Have several of them but they just make the tackle box look good? Well its time to dirty them up and get to work with them. So any help that people can give would be great! Also any recommendations on what colors to use in the POC area?
thanks

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Use the search feature in the tool bar at the top of this page. There are also tips on the corky website www.corkybandl.com
Just fish tem a while and see what works. A lot of people repeat the old "slow and slower" but that's not neccessarily true.

·
The Migration Stops Here
2,342 Posts
Colors for POC.... well, I would imagine that if the fish are biting then pretty much anything you throw will work. I always use the ole rule of trying to match to lure color to the water....."Dirty water = darker color & clear water = brighter color." Since the water around POC is usually pretty clear I would go with starwberry, pearl, electirc chicken (pink and green), anything silver, anything chartreuse, and maybe even bone.

Around galveston where the water is pretty mirky I would throw pumkin seed, tequila gold, rootbeer, black magic, plum, or anything on the draker side.

I believe that half of the challenge in throwing artificals is just finding the right color for the area. I am yet to try any brown lures, I'm kinda a DOA guy myself but the day will come. Hopefully this will help you out a little and good luck.

Joe

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
let em sink and twitch/reel, let sink so on
colors-poc-rootbeer/chart., black back-white bottom
baffin- clear or pink

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Cast as far as you can, let it sink a bit. "If in grass, I want it about 4" above the grass." Then all you do is very lightly Twitch Twitch & real up some slack. my goal is to make the bait look either hurt or just stupid. make it look like an easy target. I have heard that when it is cold the big trout guys will let them fall all the way to the bottom then, pick them up and let them fall again.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
Corky Devils have been good for me fished fast over oyster/mud and oyster beds. Twitching regular Corky's on mediuim retrieve during summer months has worked well. Water dictates the color.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
In warmer water I personally work the SOLO a bit fast. The SOLO sinks faster than a corky devil, but slower than a 1/16 jig head. When you find fish working on some bait cast out the SOLO and pop it a couple times then wait a second, reel, and pop it again. The SOLO like other lures of its size are geared for big trout. Finding fish that are feeding is the key to success in catching big trout with the SOLO. Just my .02. If you have any questions just email me ([email protected]).

Jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts