2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Suzuki LT 125 to get me to my stand but it sounds like a 18 wheeler how can I fix the noise? Suzuki wants more than I paid for it for a muffler!
HELP!!
Thanks Lobo Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
what you do is park it 400 yards from your stand and walk the rest of the way. the machines stink like heck anyways and you don't need that smell anywhere near your stand...well not if you want to shoot mature animals anyways.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Agree with dbar, but something we(as in camp buddies) have noticed if your going to get to your stand with a four wheeler drive way past your stand don't stop before it the deer will move as soon as you pass. but if you stop short of it they will be waiting for other noises comeing from that way . so I have gotting to where I either drive way past or walk all the way.

·
12,607 Posts
check ebay or call Lands cycles they have alot of extra parts laying around 281-452-1177

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stuffed my muffler full of insulation material thinking that would solve the problem. Did not work: increased backpressure and made no difference to the sound level. I gave the noisy thing to my son-in-law to use at his ranch.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,539 Posts
Absolutely

dbar6488 said:
what you do is park it 400 yards from your stand and walk the rest of the way. the machines stink like heck anyways and you don't need that smell anywhere near your stand...well not if you want to shoot mature animals anyways.
On our last lease, and on our current one, 4-wheelers aren't allowed. I've never seen anything scare deer the way those things do.

You're gettin good advice here.

TH

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,317 Posts
I remember once...

I was given a tour of 200+ acres last year on a pair of two wheelers and the owner was very cautious throughout the whole time. He told me that the deer don't tend to spook if you go along at a nice putter. It's when you decide to goose the gas that they dart off in every direction. His theory seemed to hold true as we passed by whitetail, axis, and blackbuck during our journey.

·
12,607 Posts
Didn't think of it but as Spruce said insulation,, go to the dealer and get packing for your muffler if you use the right packing it will do wonders for the noise. It will make a huge difference with the correct packing if its not the right kind it won't do squat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts