2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was discussing this topic with some friends and I can't believe how many different ways folks cook this,
seemingly simple, summer favorite. Remember, we're using fresh, milky corn that's still in the husk.
Here's how we cook it in our backyard... Elote Loco Pull back the husk, remove silk,
and slather the corn with mayo (I use MW ). Replace the husk and grill for 10-12 minutes (or until the corn has caramelized). Peel back the husk. Sprinkle with a sharp dry cheese (parmesan, cotija).
Optionally, add dried hot pepper flakes, salt, and lime juice. Bay Corn Pull back the husk and remove silk.
Replace the husk and soak in water for ten minutes. Grill for 10-12 minutes (or until the corn has caramelized).
Peel back the husk. Slather with butter.
Sprinkle generously with Old Bay seasoning.
So... do you have any special recipes for corn-on-the-cob?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was discussing this topic with some friends and I can't believe how many different ways folks cook this,
seemingly simple, summer favorite. Remember, we're using fresh, milky corn that's still in the husk.
Here's how we cook it in our backyard... Elote Loco Pull back the husk, remove silk,
and slather the corn with mayo (I use MW ). Replace the husk and grill for 10-12 minutes (or until the corn has caramelized). Peel back the husk. Sprinkle with a sharp dry cheese (parmesan, cotija).
Optionally, add dried hot pepper flakes, salt, and lime juice. Bay Corn Pull back the husk and remove the silk.
Replace the husk and soak in water for ten minutes. Grill for 10-12 minutes (or until the corn has caramelized).
So... do you have any special recipes for corn on the cob?
thanks in advance for your feedback

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,999 Posts
Chop off the back end of the CoC. Put in microwave for 4 minutes. Pull the husk off from the tip end and remove all of the silk strands and husk in one pull. Slather on all of your favorite toppings. Be careful with your first bite as the corn will be hot AF. Good method for a quick snack.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,501 Posts
rinse with husk on, wrap in foil and throw on the grill, leave on at least 30 minutes,+ / - depending on temperature (make sure they go in the foil with the husk damp from rinsing). When done peel back husk, get it nice and buttered up, using a high quality butter makes a huge difference. Kerry Gold Grass Feed Butter is my go to of choice. Sprinkle on some Chile Powder, Lemon Pepper and Parmesan cheese and enjoy.

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,513 Posts
I've tried just about every method, but this is fast and easy. Microwave in the husk 2-3 minutes, cut off the stem end about an inch down. Squeeze from the silk end and the corn will come out without the silk ready to be eaten. You can butter and serve then. Sometimes I do that procedure and then put the corn on the side of the grill to get a little color. Then I toss the corn in a ziplock with butter and some kind seasoning (cajun, mexican, etc) and serve.

I saw this method of microwave cooking and easy husk removal several years ago and didn't believe it until I tried it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Optionally, add dried hot pepper flakes, salt, and lime juice. Bay Corn Pull back the husk and remove silk.
McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning
i take the corn in the husk and place it on the top rack of my pellet smoker for the last 2-3 hours of the cook (set at 225) while smoking whatever. Remove from the smoker into a stainless bowl while preparing a stick of butter and whatever seasoning your in the mood for. Our favorite is
I put the corn in the husk top rack of my pellet grill for the last two to three hours of the cook. Pull the corn let cool in a stainless bowl or sheet pan, while it’s cooling enough to handle put a stick of butter with your seasoning of the day in a gallon ziplock. My wife’s favorite is McCormicks Salad Supreme but Old Bay, Slap your mama, etc works as well.
Once the corn is cool enough to handle skin the husk and silks, after it has steamed in the husk the silks come off the easiest of any method I have ever done. Break cobs into halves or thirds roll in the seasoned butter bag, serve and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts