2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to a friend that hasn't visited the web-site before?

Would you call it a fishing web-site? Nope, WAY MORE than just that!

Would you call it a blog? I wouldn't cause I really have not figured out just what the heck a blog is! :D

The closest description I can think of: 2 Cool is an internet family of friends enjoying and sharing the wonders of the outdoors as they meander through the journey of life.

Here's to us & those like us, damm few left! :cheers:

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
2Cool is an internet fishing website where you can:

be yourself
be accepted
be made fun of and do it in return
make new friends, whether you ever meet them or not
hear about gatherings where you can meet folks and make fishing buddies
share your joys
share your heartaches
pray for others
receive prayer
help out friends in need
receive help when you need it
laugh till your sides ache and tears come to your eyes
spew coffee on your terminal screen and keyboard
weep and pray when a child or infant is ill
be inspired by the prayers of others
be inspired by the verses and devotionals on "Food for the Soul"
be inspired by the breathtaking photos of sunrises/sunsets
ooh and aah at the photos of little ones
be happy when someone CAUGHT fish on their fishing trip
rejoice over weddings and new babies
find good deals on the Classified forums
look for a JOB (is that a bad word?!)
learn about fishing methods and new lures
learn new fishing tactics
learn about a new fishing "hole"
learn new terminology (i.e., potlicking)
learn a new recipe (for those who LIKE to cook)

I could go on, but I'd be on this one post until tomorrow.

To sum it up, let me just say "RUM CAKE"! :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
2Cool is like cablevision...you can find almost everything you can imagine with the click of the mouse. We have our high roads and our low moments, however, through it all it's a community channel where everyone communicates with love and care for their fellow viewers.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
I have come to realize that "home" is not a place. Home is PEOPLE. So I would describe 2Cool as my home. It started out as my cyber-home but by now that is no longer the case. So many dear friends in here now that it is really my home, just as much as the house I live in with my wife and the house where I raised my children. It is where my heart is and where I hang my hat ('cept I don't wear no hat. Do-rag maybe?) :D

It is where I go when I want to be with my friends. Where I go when I want to feel good. Where I want to go to lend a needed helping hand or get help for myself. It's just...well, it's HOME and that's about all I can say.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
im glad i live here too!

i too have found myself trying to describe 2cool at one time or another, and found it almost impossible. thanks for the help. sometimes i have been tempted to tell someone about 2cool, and then changed my mind. some, although thankfully not many, just wouldnt "get it".

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Walkin' Jack said:
I have come to realize that "home" is not a place. Home is PEOPLE. So I would describe 2Cool as my home. It started out as my cyber-home but by now that is no longer the case. So many dear friends in here now that it is really my home, just as much as the house I live in with my wife and the house where I raised my children. It is where my heart is and where I hang my hat ('cept I don't wear no hat. Do-rag maybe?) :D

It is where I go when I want to be with my friends. Where I go when I want to feel good. Where I want to go to lend a needed helping hand or get help for myself. It's just...well, it's HOME and that's about all I can say.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Lots of good info. Primarily from the Houston area (what major Tx saltwater related boards arent)

Like the lg volume far as finding out any general info more is better. But for fishing info in my area I hit my local boards. Great website & love reading the various topics.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
The thing I like best about 2Cool is that we all come from different places are different generations, and do different things for a living. Some are well to do, some are of more modest means, but we all have one thing in common...

A love of fishing that gives us common ground for mutual respect and freindship.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts